Aeon Micro G2 dimmers - LED buzzing?

Using the Lutron Caseta dimmers, I get pretty annoying buzzing from my recessed LED’s, even at 100% brightness. Wondering if I installed an Aeon Micro dimmer relay, and used a Pico instead of my current Caseta setup, would the buzzing be eliminated? Anyone have experience with this?

Can you change the LED bulbs? I had to try a selection of bulbs to minimize the buzzing.

Another option would be to use the more expensive Caseta ELV+ Dimmer, which requires a neutral. I believe that since it uses a neutral, it has fewer issues with LED lights.

It is a pricey dimmer... I don’t have firsthand experience, so YMMV.

https://www.energyavenue.com/Lutron/PD-5NE-WH

Recessed cans with LED bubls or recessed LED Lights? Do you get a full range of dimming with the Casetta? What type of dimmer was on the circuit before you installed the Caseta?

Hey what's up @Ryan780. I'm talking about recessed cans using LED bulbs.

Previously the lights were controlled using Lutron dimmers, but I forget which ones exactly, although they weren't smart.

With Caséta, they dim pretty low, but regardless of being dimmed or not, they buzz, and there's several bulbs, so the noise is multiplied and annoying.

These are the bulbs I used in my kitchen recessed cans. These made a huge difference in noise level. These are silent with my no-neutral Caseta Dimmer Switch.

Thanks @ogiewon that's probably the route I'm going to take. Also like that they are a soft/warmer than some of the harsher white bulbs I've seen.

1 Like