Advice on Series 700 Door/Window Sensors

That does make the tilt feature seem pretty useless. Glad I hadn't ordered it yet.

Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 stopped updating states - #18 by krlaframboise goes into more detail.

FWIW, I just use a normal open/close sensor on my garage door and have it mounted right at the top on the inside around the midpoint of the door. There's a small ledge above the door that the body of the sensor (monoprice in this case) site on. The magnet part is attached to the garage door. It's actually been one of the most reliable parts of my system, and is very fast in reporting if the garage door opens. The downside is that it's pretty binary - slightest bit open reports open, and it has to be fully closed to report closed. That works for me, but I understand some people like the tilt so they have a bit more discretion on how and when it reports.

I don't have anything to control actually opening or closing the garage - that's my next thing to figure out.

1 Like

It was in a technical discussion between Markus & Mike, and with 2 years worth of posts I can't find it. I can say after pulling all but 2 Xiaomi devices(zigbee 3.0 devices only left) my zigbee has never been better. It was something to the effect of when the xiaomi devices "fall off" it has a negative effect.

1 Like

Funny story found the post, and you were speaking with Markus, what's a matter you can't remember all the 9000 posts you made :grin:
I'm not sure if Mike fixed it?

markusOwner

Jul '20

Sorry, this needs to be clarified, it is one of MY devices sending the incorrect Beacon packet, so far always one of the Xiaomi/Aqara sensors or buttons. It has been all different types of them doing this. In general they all get it right, but among all those 80000 beacon packets, one get to be wrong. This 1 incorrect packet is then interpreted by HE as a reason to change the PAN ID, which then starts the whole issue. However, the reason for all of these beacon packets to be sent, is because of how the controllers around me behave, that is a bit more of a complex issue, but suffice to say that it is according to specs.

You and me both, it is such an unnecessary reason to bring down the whole mesh.

2 Likes

So uhh, no Xiaomi is my takeaway from this compelling thread detour :smiley:

2 Likes