Advice - Large # of Switches

Mmm.. have to think about it but always happy to babble on! - see any previous posts of mine!!! :rofl:

In terms of support - yes either per incident or some sort of time limited retainer for a bit less.

I feel I'm in a good place with HE experience-wise where I can make solid recommendations as to what devices a client should use and how to troubleshoot if issues arise.

The key is being as upfront about the complexities of home automation and wireless technologies as possible and giving the client enough info to make a informed decisions.

It's an old Victorian with lath and plaster (no metal mesh fortunately) and drywall but things are a lot more open around the house thanks to the renovation. The small utility room in the basement where Internet comes in has a bunch of metal ducting which I was sure was going to cause issues. However both WiFi and Z-Wave seem to be okay so far. :crossed_fingers:

For the garage if I have trouble I'll probably put another hubitat out there - the garage is already wired with cat6 so all good.

I think z-wave is limited to 4 hops. I could be mistaken but I remember seeing that somewhere.

2 Likes

Yep that is my understanding as well.

1 Like

Hey! You’ve got those motion sensor combo light switches? I seen these after I spent a bunch between motion and switches. I was disappointed I didn’t see these before. I would use them in bathrooms, standard motion sensors hard to locate correctly. I would probably put the combo in wall and my fibaro in the shower.

2 Likes

Yea, I use them in the bathrooms, garage, and living room. I use zone motion controller app to aggregate them. They have worked well so far. Some of the areas I mounted additional sensors to the ceiling for better coverage or to get around obstacles..

1 Like