Advanced Button Controller (ABC)

This probably belongs in a new thread, as the issue you're experiencing is not related to the ABC Application. Rather, it appears that the Pico remotes have not been added to Hubitat correctly, as the hub does not seem to be 'seeing' any events from the Pico remote. Did you use the Lutron Integration App to add these Pico remotes?

1 Like

Thanks @ogiewon . I will do some additional troubleshooting and if I have additional questions will spin up a separate thread! Thanks for the quick response!

2 Likes

Does anyone have any pointers on how the buttons map for a Zooz ZEN71 switch?

I want to double-click "off" to turn off all the lights downstairs. Would that be Button 5?

Simply open the Hubitat Device details page for your Zen17. While pressing, double tapping, holding, etc… the buttons, you will see the attributes update on the page in real-time.

5 Likes

Hi,

Still quite new to Hubitat.

Is ABC still supported? If I try to install the driver the usual way of cutting raw content and pasting into Hubitat Drvers section I get the error below.

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Advanced Button Controller, namespace:stephack, singleInstance:true, ...]] on line 19

The driver URL is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stephack/Hubitat/master/apps/Advanced%20Button%20Controller%20(ABC)/Advanced_Button_Controller.groovy

What am I doing wrong? Is that the right driver?

I'm trying to configure a Symfonisk rotary should controller as a volume knob for a Sonos speaker without the Ikea hub.

Thanks in advance.
Paul

try installing it in the App Code section instead of as a Device driver

4 Likes

Is it possible to add the ability to turn on a scene? I was thinking for the Wiz bulbs.

Most "scenes" are represented within Hubitat as a simple switch device. This allows scenes to be 'activated' by simply turning on their corresponding scene activation "switch" device.

So, assuming your scenes are implemented in this manner, the answer to your question is "Yes, scene activator devices can be turned on within ABC, just like any other switch device." Hope that helps!

1 Like

I can do this action in Hubitat Button Controller 5.1. I just didn't see where this is possible in ABC. Was trying to keep it under the same app. Thank you for responding.

Button Controller 5.1:

Summary

Here is one of my Wiz bulb current states:

Summary

@thebearmay Thank you so much for your Button Controller and the effort!

We have the APP Code installed.
The ABC Controller shows in the APP.

Our objective: Create a Legacy Shade (controlled 100% via HTTP post).
1- We created a Virtual Button (Button A), with 3 push.
2- We created a Virtual Shade (Virtual Shade A)
3-
a)We created a child in ABC, "Somfy Showroom"
Inside the Child we have the Virtual Button (Button A), and it refreshes with the 3 buttons automatically. Great.
b) Setup of each button inside ABC, to work with the Virtual Shade A. One button for open, one for stop, and one for close. All Associated with the Virtual Shade A.
4- We have 3 rules in RM:
a) When Virtual Button A, Button 1 pushed - send HTTP POST request for open
b) When Virtual Button A, Button 2 pushed - send HTTP POST request for stop
c) When Virtual Button A, Button 3 pushed - send HTTP POST request for close
(The rules if triggered manually, they work OK, and shade opens/closes/stops via http post in the rules)

Now comes the doubt.
How do we add to the dashboard, and which template to use to have the window shade show with 3 buttons (up/stop/close).
We tried adding the virtual button A, as a template Button, but only shows 1 button and each in different tiles.
We tried the Shades, but the scroller doesnt work either. The same with Garage, or Garage control.

If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate.
Thanks!

We tried the