Adding zigbee repeater to hue bridge

Hey All,
I bought one of these zigbee repeaters to add to my hue bridge/network. How do I pair it with the bridge ? Is it paired as a light or accessory cause all the accessories are listed as branded devices.
This is the repeater

Any reason you want to pair it with Hue rather than HE?
I have a couple very similar which paired with HE no problem.

I believe those that have done this are discovering them as a lightbulb. I've never done it. Not sure it's available to the US and Canada, but I think Australians can use it with their bridges just at the Europeans can, so you should be able to. Are you having issues with the Hue's signal strength? Concrete walls?

Typically, this will not be needed on a Hue bridge. Their bulbs repeat for Zigbee LL bulbs and devices attached to the bridge without issue.

I used a spare tradfri bulb to extend my range into my backyard for hue. The only problem is I have no idea if it’s working. I would love to know if there’s a way to read the path lights take to communicate with the hub. I might remove my hue controller then re-pair it in place and see if maybe that helps.

How many bulbs do you have on your hue bridge? Hue bulbs repeat for other zll bulbs extremely well.

Currently on my hue bridge I have 4 devices. 3x hue bulbs and 1x tradfri. 2 of my hue bulbs randomly "blink" here and there (they are in the kitchen and are the main night time sources of light) and in the "my experiences" thread I created I was alerted to the ability to pair a repeater (this or a tradfri, but the tradfri are not sold in Aus).
I have this repeater in pairing mode (I think, the paperwork says if the red lights blinking it can be paired, if theres no red light hit the reset 5 times, with 3 seconds between reset presses lol). Did that, less than 5mm away from the hue bridge and it wont show up as a bulb.
Did it as an accessories and clicked a bunch of the branded switches etc in the "accessories" tab til it did a general search and can't get it to show up there either.
The hue bridge is central in a single story 200sqm house, no brick walls and the hue bulbs are less than 6m away with 1 wall in between.
I was going to add the repeater to see if it stopped the blinking, if i did I was going to get hue bulbs to fill out the rest of my house, if it didnt I was going to get tradfri bulbs to fill in the gaps - OR I can get some more yeelights.

That repeater uses ZHA. Hue Bridge is ZLL. It will not pair to the Hue Bridge.

1 Like

thanks @Ryan780 - saved me throwing more coins in the swear jar.
Will add this to HE so its not wasted. Re-read my experiences thread and I must of misunderstood what I was told, which is often the case.
*do ikea tradfri repeaters work with Hue Bridge ?

Sorry which driver do i use as there isnt one for Generic Zigbee Repeater @mike.maxwell

If it is paired, and you just want to use it as a repeater, it doesn't matter what the driver is. But i believe if you want to actually use it, you would use this driver:

1 Like

thanks ryan, nah - not interest in it controlling anything.
thank you for the info - appreciate you helping me.

1 Like