Adding my own Modes

Good day,

Is there a way to add my own modes? I would like to add a mode "Dinner Party" and a mode "Sleepy Time" (like they have in the Hubitat videos) and a "Public Holiday" would also be nice... Just to make sure my normal modes (which I love and appreciate) don't leave me and my guests in the dark...

I would like to control these Modes with a switch, even though the rest of my Modes are controlled by time... (A way to add every January 1st and December 25 to Public Holidays automatically, would be great of course!)

From the Settings page of the HE portal, go to the Location and Modes page. Click on the Modes tab. You can add/change/delete modes on that page.

Wonderful, thank you.

Now I just need to figure out how to turn them on with switches... My "Set mode with switches" doesn't seem to respond to any input...

โ€˜Modes Plusโ€™ will do that for you :slight_smile:

http://hubitat.uk

1 Like

I just love Geeks like you! Thanks, I'll give it a go.

1 Like

I follow a slightly different strategy... I leave my Modes alone, let them do their thing. More than one way to skin Garfield.

I created a Party virtual switch.
In my case, pretty much all of my RM automation that can be impacted by a Party revolve around the OFF event of switches. Like you said, Dark=No Party. Also affects some of my outlets.

Regardless, in all of my RM rules I disable them by checking if this Party switch is on. You can do this in Restrictions (one only switch at a time [an oversight, right Bruce!) or when I have the potential for multiples, like a Party or HotubTime, I use them as conditions in the rule. Effectively if they are on, the off routine doesn't run.

GatVlieg!!! Are you South African by any chance?!

Thanks for the advice... I'll ponder on it for a while before I implement my rules...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.