Add support for ACME HTTPS Certificates

Currently users have to manually upload their certificate and private key to http://your.hubs.ip.here/hub/advanced/certificate. On this same page, I would like the ability to configure an ACME server, and SANS. This would allow for shorter lived HTTPS certificates by allowing it to use the ACME protocol to get a new certificate as needed from the configured ACME server. Projects like Small-Step's CA allow for users to run their own internal ACME compliant CA on their home networks (or Let's Encrypt's ACME server is Open sourced, etc).

2 Likes

So this is a +1 from me but....

While I would love to see this feature as well, I know there are some complications that would make this harder to implement than it seems. ACME would need HTTP or DNS APIs to work seamlessly. I am sure some of that is built into the ACME agent. it is still a major support issue.

That being said for the time being I have my router/firewall make the needed request and have a python script that installed the certificate on internal devices.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.