Add option to re-enable action room lighting

Hi there,
Might it be possible to add and option to room lighting in both active and turn off areas to re-enable after a set period of time as well as a sub category for re-enable/set period of time to also toggle option turn off light when re-enabled?
The reason for this is wife and child sometime physically turn on the light to perform some lengthy task but forget to physically turn off the light which re-enables the auto turn off feature.
If there was a set period to re-enable turn off I could setup a catch period of say 1 hr to re-enable and turn off the light rather than being left on all night.
I could setup a catch rule for like 2 am to turn off light but knowing my luck the wife would do some activity at 1:50am and the light would turn off on her creating several days of anti automation comments

Hi Developers, might this be considered please? :pray:

A relatively simple way to achieve this could be a slight alteration to my current setup....

I have a Samsung button in my bedroom that can be used to toggle motion (Room) lighting on and off. This button is referenced in the RL setup for my bedroom. Alternatively I (you) could use a switch to drive the dias/enabling of the motion lighting, which in turn could be toggled based on both a physical switch/button as well as some time-based logic. Does that make sense...?

Is this what variables are for? How would I trigger a changing of a virtual switch after a period of 20mins?

A separate rule, triggered when switch turns on, delay of 20 mins, then turn switch off.
Turn the virtual switch on when whatever button/switch is pressed that you want to pause the RL.
Use that virtual switch to actually pause the RL.

1 Like

Thanks @jtp10181 .

I'll take the easy part and suggest some kind of feedback for enabling and disabling of motion sensing-based lighting. In my bedroom where I use a Samsung button to toggle motion lighting, I temporarily flash green or red/orange light. You could choose something different, including a voice indicator instead of a lighting one if you don't have rgb bulbs.