Add more options when pausing a rule

This is probably a fairly niche request, but I feel like it would be useful to others too. When I manually pause a rule, I would like to select a one time condition that will unpause it.

Here is a good example. I have a room lighting automation setup for my kids room based on motion and time of day. Last week, my 3 year old was sick. We put her to bed early. I had to go into the room lighting app and pause the one for the kids bedroom because we were putting her to bed early and I didn't want the light coming on.

It would have been great to have it automatically unpause after a certain condition. In this case, I probably would have chosen something like 10 hours elapsed.

I get that you can pause and unpause apps in a rule, but sometimes one off circumstances means pausing a rule manually. I propose a radio button appear when clicking the pause button with 2 options. The text would be "How long should this app remain paused?" First option would be indefinitely, so it would default to functioning the exact same as it does now. The second would be "Until a certain condition is met" with a way to set a condition similar to how you do in RM. Once the condition is met, the rule unpauses and the condition just goes away.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.