Add hub name to browser tab / pages

With multiple hubs I find myself working/configuring them simultaneously in multiple browser tabs. It would be helpful to have the hub name shown in the browser tab/titlebar, (i.e. append current titling logic). That way switching tabs is not a guessing game of which hub is on which tab. Maybe "MyHub: Hub Details" for example. For those with only one hub, and who don't want the cluttered titlebar, maybe a (default:off) option in hub configuration to set this?

Further (but less important), on mobile the tab/titlebar text is not shown unless switching tabs so the above suggestion is limited in usefulness (point is to have an at-a-glance confirmation of the hub name). The problem is on mobile view the top-right hub name (+link to status page) shown on desktop gets put at the bottom of the navigation pane, but that pane auto-hides. So maybe adding the hub name to the top of each page name (on the page)? i.e. MyHub: Devices on the Device page? Just a thought.

Thanks for the consideration!

This has came up before and the solution was to add the hub name to the menu. If you select the left hand menu, you can see the hub name on mobile devices:

2 Likes

Sorry a brief search didn't yield what I was primarily suggesting (browser tab/titlebar), and so I must have missed the mobile discussion.

Anyway yes this is less a problem because I'm not usually jumping around between hubs on mobile, and it is indeed accessible at a quick button press (side pane). Thankfully the pane auto-scales and so it's always within view at the bottom.

2 Likes

No worries. Was a good suggestion :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.