Add http calls to rule machine

Any chance in getting this functionality in the near future? Would be nice to integrate with other systems.

2 Likes

What I've done temporarily is install WebCoRE and used it's webcall function. I'd like to be able to do this in Rule Machine because webcore hasn't been fully ported yet.

1 Like

Are there plans to add the functionality to Rule machine? It would open the door for so many things for me.

Yes. What specifically are you wanting to have supported?

Get and post at the very least.

Déjà vu

1 Like

Are you allowed to leak a date to us???? Shhhh... I won't tell. You can whisper it. :slight_smile:

Any updates to this? Having GET/POST capability in RM would be great.

It's next on the list...

1 Like

HTTP Get is in Rule Machine in the latest release: Hub Update 1.1.6

1 Like

Good times. Between this and the Maker API the integrations will commence :slight_smile:

This is wonderful news!

Are there any special instructions or syntax for the URL? Does anything need to be escaped? Surrounded by delimiters, etc.?

Thanks!

For the most part, if it works in a browser URL window it should work in RM. Only HTTP GET is supported.

Is it possible that the http in the URL must be lower case? That appears to be what I am seeing in my initial testing. With the http in lower case it is working.

I (now) have an RM rule that sends a GET to my iSpy server when motion is detected in my shop, this triggers iSpy to take a snapshot with the camera in the shop.

This will allow me to deprecate one more bit of custom code!

This is good stuff. Thank you!

2 Likes

I'm no slouch with html but I'm no genius either. Meaning I can code up a web page, even hack together forms, and can write some JS (whoa lookout right?), but I need help. I found the command I need in MakerAPI to play a specific track. Tested it via browser and all is working. How do I get Rule Machine to send/post/call that command. If that's something I can do with a GET command the formatting is beyond me. Is there any way to do this?

Mike

Why are you trying to have Rule Machine call Maker API? Rule Machine already has an action to play a track.

1 Like

I can't get that to work with VLCThing. The only thing I can accomplish with VLSThing is TTS or hit play. Nothing else works as desired. The problem with hitting play is that triggers everything in the play list which consists of every sound, every TTS message it's played since start up. If you can explain how to make RM play a specific track on VLCThing I'm all ears. (A very appreciative pair of ears (with eyes))

Mike

Well, let's start with what works inside the driver for VLCThing that works? What command are you using? All that rule machine does is expose these same commands and parameters. So if we can get the working commands in the device details itself, then it's just a matter of putting the same thing into the Rule action.

Aha! Sometimes it takes the right question. And you sir asked me the right one. After reading your response I realized I didn't try the same command within RM as I was using via command line. The command is playTrack and I wasn't including the file path in my rules. Which obviously fails. It's working now. Thank you for your patience.

Mike