"Activate Scene" in Button Controllers and RM 5.1

So, It's been a while since I've tried to program new things in my home using Hubitat. I have to admit, RM 5.1 is throwing me off.

I'm trying to program a pico remote. One thing I'd like to do is activate scenes with it. I've done this before with multi tap capable switches in RM 4.0 and the way I set it up was:
Trigger Event = button # pushed
Actions to Run = "Activate Scenes"

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing an "Activate Scenes" options in RM 5.1 or in the Button Controllers App in the Actions drop down menus.

Should I be approaching this set up in a different way?

There should be an associated scene activator (on/off) device with the same name. It would be found under “Switches”.

1 Like

Okay, so I was able to figure out a different way to activate scenes.

I selected "Control Switches, Push Buttons" > "push buttons" and the scenes were available to select that way.

But I must ask... why was the "activate scenes" option removed from the Rule Machine and Button Controllers Apps?

1 Like

I just figured that out. Man! It was driving crazy looking for "activate scenes"! Maybe I was just used to doing it a different way, but removing the "activate scenes" options seems a lot less intuitive.

1 Like

Good question! My guess would be because the Activator Device can be used instead…

These actions are still there; look under "Adjust Shades/Blinds or Fans," which used to also mention scenes, references to which were removed when Groups and Scenes was briefly retired. (This was apparently never changed back, but the actions are again available.)

Also, see here for a list of where to find any action: Rule 5.1 | Hubitat Documentation

2 Likes

Yup... Activate Scenes is under "Adjust Shades/ Blinds or Fans". Weird place for it IMO.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.