Actiontiles what level of resources would be normal

I have just finished moving from Smartthings.

I am now having problems with my Hubs suddenly slowing down, Z wave devices not responding and Action Tiles not updating, especially but not exclusively when devices are linked through Hub Mesh.

I use Webcore for pretty much everything and yes I do have several HEM's but they are set up to transmit once a minute and that seems to be happening OK.

Looking at my Runtime Stats for Apps, Action Tiles seems to be way too high.

Does this look OK to you?

Is it possible to remove and reinstall Action tiles without losing all my panels?

Will that help at all?

Thanks

Hubitat was designed to be a self-contained system operating without a Cloud based connection. However, users sometimes want could based connections for specific applications. That requires frequent communication between the hub and the Internet.

I have three integrations that are cloud based. One is the Actiontiles connection that is the subject of your question. The others are Echo Speaks and TP-Link Kasa Integrations. I only have two Kasa switches, so communication is not intensive. However, Actiontiles and Echo Speaks monitor numerous devices, so the communication is intensive. These two apps consume nearly 80% of the system resources while it is running. However, the system only operates at 2% of its overall capacity, even with 100 devices.

Unless you see a specific problem that you are sure is being caused by a lack of system resources, I would not worry about what the stats show.

I would not recommend uninstalling the Actiontiles integration if you have complex panels. I do not know that you will lose your panels, but it is certainly a possibility. The integration between Actiontiles and Hubitat is still in beta. Wait until things settle down and see what happens.

This is a good reason to report one’s experiences in the actiontiles forum, so that the dev can make changes if warranted.

2 Likes

Hi, just curious. How do you get this Runtime Stats for Apps from HE hub?

If you are on the latest firmware just go to Logs / App stats.

I use Action tiles and it takes about 80% of the "Busy time" but you need to factor that into the total busy time which in my case is 21% so its no problem.

Hmm....strange....I have the latest firmware with my c5 hub. I only get "Time, ms" column. But I don't have the others like "count" or "% busy". Do you know why?

On the Logs / App Stats page click on the expansion arrows after the Hub Uptime and you can select the data you want to be displayed!

Thank you!!!