Action? in RM to Change Active Dashboard

Morning,

( I am a newbie.) that has come up against a brick wall.

I have a tablet located at the primary egress/ingress door of a tiny house. The tablet is running Fully Kiosk Browser and I am running FKB Controller on a C7. Pictured is the default Dashboard.

Once a valid PIN is entered and Arm-Away is selected a 90 second delay arming away sequence commences. The tablet displays countdown progress and a SONOS speaker supplies audio.

Once "Arm-Away" has become active the Dashboard Displayed on the tablet using FWB Controller switches the active Dashboard.

Upon entry of a valid PIN and HSM is Disarmed the Dashboard returns to the default. (If HSM is not Disarmed and there is an "Intrusion" an Intrusion Dashboard is displayed.)

My brick wall. For the life of me, I am unable to replicate this same behavior on devices not running FKB. I am able to create a "link tile" on the default Dashboard that works but my attempts to incorporate a "virtual button" in my rule, etc. have failed. A "Get HTTP" in the rule using the appropriate URL does not work. I did happen upon "local endpoints" but that appears to only be an option to be available as a trigger. A solution is likely staring me in the face but I am unable to see it.

Hoping for a push or kick in the a** from someone to help me approach this with fresh eyes.

Thank you.

I am not sure that can be done within Hubitat. Is the tablet an Apple or Android? If Android, this could probably be achieved using Tasker ($3.50 in Play Store).

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the rule(s) you have tried to setup?

The screenshots included in original post/query are of "Fully Kiosk Browser" running on an Android Tablet. That "working" tablet interface is what I am hoping to emulate on any device, running any flavor web browser app.

I created a tile on a HE Dashboard using the "Link" template which, when clicked will open the "House is Armed Away" Dashboard. Thus far I have been unable to figure out how to code an Action that will do the same as when I manually select the "Link Template" tile.

"Fully Kisok Browser" app running on the tablet accepts input from "Fully Kiosk Browser Controller" driver running on my HE and successfully loads the "Armed-Away" Dashboard.

1. Input from Default Dashboard on Tablet is sent to Hubitat Elevation.

2. Rule on HE then returns instruction to "Fully Kiosk Browser" app running on tablet to load the "Armed-Away" Dashboard.

3. "Fully Kiosk Browser" app then makes a request to HE and subsequently loads that web page Dashboard.

As I typed above I realize that there may very well be a flaw in my logic/understanding of the data flow.

As a whole, the rule works.

The "loadURL" action in the rule works as expected.

What I was hoping to accomplish was to deliver a different Dashboard once HSM was Armed Away was activated; regardless of the device or browser app in use.

In the simplest(?) of terms. I would like an action/rule to be able to change the Dashboard in use, once the rule requirements are satisfied.

I think you may have already worked this one out, but to get fully kiosk to display the armed / away dashboard you just need to repeat the loadURL action further up in your rule with a different url.

To accommodate different devices / browsers, you may need to provide some more details on what they are likely to be.

I'm curious. If using loadURL, does it create a new instance so that you could eventually have 10-20 browser web pages of dashboards open if you don't go back and manually close them?

I've never used Fully Kiosk myself, @otrdriver may be able to answer that one better than me.

Out of interest, is the GET request necessary?

Everything is fully functioning on the tablet running Fully Kiosk. The tablet displays the default dashboard until HSM is Armed-Away whereupon the rule displayed, will load the Armed-Away Dashboard as pictured. Upon return to the house an input of a correct PIN and selecting Disarm in that Dashboard will trigger a different rule to Disarm HSM and load the Default Display. If there is indeed an intrusion a HE rule will supply Fully Kiosk with a Dashboard URL that will load an "Intrusion Dashboard." The Alert will be canceled upon entry of a proper PIN and a HE rule will cause Fully Kiosk to load the default Dashboard.

All is working successfully on the Android tablet via the Fully Kiosk Browser application. What I wish to accomplish is that the same behavior occur on my laptop using Safari for example and/or a tablet not running Fully Kiosk but a basic web browser.

One defines a default web page/"Dashboard URL in the FKB application. HE rules can send alternative URLs as desired. Only one page is ever displayed/open.

The GET request is disabled. It is a remnant of a failed attempt (self-educatin') to load the Armed-Away Dashboard without using FKB.

1 Like

I understand that. I'm asking what happens when you continually use loadURL outside of FKB. Isn't that your goal? Where is loadURL in RM Actions? I can't find it and don't rely on RM; I use Node Red instead.

The loadURL command is not native to RM. It is contained in the "Fully Kiosk Browser Controller" driver code.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-fully-kiosk-browser-controller/