Accessing OpenWeather data in RM

Using this forum, I created a virtual device to pull in OpenWeather data. I want to access the forecast to change the LEDs on my Inovelli switches. Any thoughts? Trying to avoid IF..T

Any thought?

Sounds cool. How does it work? Share your code?

Does your virtual device collect data directly from OpenWeather, or do you have some external process gathering data and pushing the results into your virtual device with Maker API?

Sorry; I explained that poorly; I used the OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver (OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver) that I found on the forum. I really like it, but I don't know how to translate the information that it is pulling in to Hubitat into Rule Manager (other than temperature, humidity, etc.) Ultimately, I want to have that data change my LED to notify me of changes (precip in forecast, unseasonably warm/cold), but I don't know how to do this. I thought maybe I could use MakerAPI to load the data from the device and create virtual devices or use variables based on the data. Basically: I don't know what I'm doing and hope someone has already done it...

Try using RM "contains" for examining data in a text attribute field. My example for doing a TTS with this app's data follows. RM variables may be used to keep track of prior settings.

Click to see TTS RM

1 Like

Thanks. I think it was even more basic; I needed to use the "Custom Attribute" trigger for the device; I figured there was a simple solution

This is useful. Thanks for sharing! Question, though: how were you able to get the OpenWeather alerts as a trigger? I am looking at all the options but OpenWeather does not show up under any category. It's also not a stand alone, but I have it set up as a Virtual Device. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

device type should be "Open Weather Map-Alerts Weather Drive"