About the Easy Dashboard ๐Ÿ†•

Introduced with platform version 2.3.9, the Easy Dashboard boasts built-in functionality previously unattainable with the existing Hubitat Dashboard. This revamped interface not only provides extensive details on your connected devices but also delivers a seamless drag-and-drop experience for effortless dashboard creation on demand.

Feel free to utilize this section for sharing your feedback, ideas, and showcasing your Easy Dashboards. Your input and creativity are highly valued!

For more details on how to get started with the new dashboard, check out the documentation or watch the how to video.

2 Likes

Sounds great.

Does the upgrade to 2.3.9 include a way to import existing dashboards into Easy Dashboard, or do they need to be created from scratch?

Even if some attributes (color, position, icon) don't map from the legacy dashboard to ED (no, Easy Dashboard, not the other "ED"), it would still be great to have new dashboards created with the same names and auto-populated with the same devices with the previous template pre-selected for each device.

2 Likes

Mine have shown in Easy Dashboard with a Copy button to import to Easy Dashboard

Is there somewhere I can go to see some detailed setup instrucutions. There is a basic one in Hubitat Documentation but no where good enough to be able to set anything up other than a real basic one.

Check out the new How-to video:

I have been trying to use the Easy Dashboard and there are a lot of room for improvement.

• Colour picker for custom background tile colour should have a hex / rgba input field as well. I am unable to make my tiles have the same colour outside of apply default to all tiles.
  • Custom backgrounds colour should have the option to apply to all the same types of tiles (switches or lights for example)
  • There are a number of issues with padding where the dashboard responses result in squished tiles with words or content cutoff or missing.
  • Squished tiles also have their font colour change based on size (see gif below)
  • The amount of padding is very high making a lot of white space. When attempting to fill it through sizing text as per dashboard settings, it does not actually reduce padding.
  • Cannot resize all types at the same time.
  • A new dashboard has squished tiles instead of sized as per contents.
  • Responsive dashboard results in different dashboards. I actually think I like this but that also means we have to adjust window size to force multiple views or layouts then customize each one. One dashboard with multiple hidden layouts is harder to fix than making one dashboard for every layout. I want responsive to work though so keep going.
  • In some responsed layouts, unable to size the tiles to the layout appropriately. For example on a 3 column layout each time is 1 or 2 or 3 and no halves making it very unbalanced an unable to match the tile to the space.
  • Bottom right most time is obscured by plus/lock symbol and cannot be resized, you have to move the tile, resize it somewhere above and move back. Recommend saving black space at the bottom to never obscure tiles at end of dashboard.
  • Customization of tile is limited. Icon can be changed but not the icon colour.
  • Some tiles come with multiple font, font colour and font sizes like the thermostat (Temperature setpoint font is red, temperature reading is black and smaller font).
  • Battery icon background does not match custom background colour resulting in more mismatch of colours.
  • Size of icon not adjustable.

Tile Whitepace
Resizing Padding issue

Thermostat tile could use some work

• Mode only shows 3 modes but there are several I can see for me (5 in total). Should auto show them all if there is a space.
  • Fan shows an up/down arrow despite only have two modes and both being shown. Arrow should disappear.
  • Colour of modes should be customizable.
  • Would prefer the tile turn blue or red as it is heating or cooling but not everyone would want that so customize for each mode would be idea.
  • The Fan column, Temp Column and Mode column should be balanced in the middle.
  • Thermostat shows red font indicating on heat but not actually heating. Should change font to neutral colour. See quick example below

Hi folks, thanks for your help in advance. How do I get a thermostat to show on a tile successfully so that I can adjust temp from the tile.. At the moment my thermostat tiles are displaying a smiley face which is not helpful

appreciated..... Stu