Abode Alarm Triggered

I have the Abode Alarm. I want to turn on lights when the alarm goes off.
I can't find where that might be
thanks

1 Like

I have this working using a virtual switch using IFTTT integration, however I believe it would be possible using the community abode integration available on HPM by using the timeline state but haven't figured it out. Hopefully someone has and will post as I would prefer to skip using IFTTT as the "middle man".

Hope this helps

thanks. i am hoping it can be done with timeline but not sure how.

If no one else chimes in, I would assume it would be easiest to deliberately trigger the alarm and then see what the timeline event reports, then use that as a rule machine trigger using "custom attribute".

you are probably correct. i will give a little time before i resort to that thought
thanks

Did you ever come up with an answer for this?

nope. i figure i will set off the alarm one day and see what happens.

1 Like

Family set off the alarm last night. The gateway timeline showed the following:

So I believe if a RM trigger is setup to trigger off of a custom attribute of gateway timeline containing "Alarm Activated" this should be what we're looking for.

Haven't tested yet...

thanks. so maybe this will work?

Not sure what your trigger for the rule would be, but the condition you show "should" work. My rule is triggered off of the timeline event so I'm not using a "condition" in my rule.

I'm using the trigger to set mode "blackout" which prevents all of my lighting automations from triggering. That way the idiot that breaks into my home won't have the convenience of automated lights upon entry.

Since the "activated" event is only reported in the gatewaytimeline events I don't think your rule will work as it's looking at the gatewaymode attribute exclusively.

You need to have a trigger of of the gatewaytimeline attribute and the condition looking at that attribute.

Gatewaymode attribute only has home, standby, and away states.

ok then i guess this?

Should work, but you could also add that trigger and correct the condition in the previous example you posted

yep. thanks. always so many ways