AAAARGHH! Scammed on 2 smart locks! (a vent)

That worked out well for KMart. I dated a couple women who would buy dresses for parties and return them right after. I don't remember the stores, but that didn't strike me as particularly savory.

1 Like

Just...wow.

2 Likes

There are also retailers that do have liberal return policies but bare no pain. Anything returned goes back to the supplier for credit.

1 Like

Yes. That pretty much points the finger at one of us (Hubitat owners/users).

1 Like

But not everyone that has a Hubitat visits the Community. Hopefully there are thousands who don't. Hopeful because more is better to keep Hubitat thriving.

As with the SmartThings return inside a Hubitat box, Hubitat, the supplier, lost. They had one Hub stolen. Ideally, they know what Hub it was and can disable it. But that doesn't get the cost of goods back into their bank.

Same with credit cards too. Lots of fraud there, probably more since it's easier. Call up, say it's not my charge and instantly the Vendor's next disbursement is docked the amount. CC companies have the liberal policy because it's free to them. (minus some handling)

4 Likes

Well... not one of "us"... but hope they feel quilty when the community helps him out.

1 Like

With that kind of character !
I seriously doubt it.

2 Likes

All packed up with new documentation for her trip back to the mother ship tomorrow. The warning one is folded up inside the quick start guide. The rubber band one is for Amazon themselves.
Fingers crossed it saves someone some hassle.
I even included a couple cardboard divider pieces from my new lock packaging to make it a little more secure. :+1:

6 Likes

Hi everyone !

I have a BETA version of a package for integration of a Nuki Smart Lock into HE for the brave and fearless to try it.

Anyone want to try it?

Marco Felicio