A word about HA -> HE integration

Excellent suggestions. Thanks for joining in. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Much better :+1:

1 Like

I haven't contributed anything to the community in a LONG time so I figured...why not?

Plus I have everything in HA so I could be a good example of what would happen to most users if they integrate a ton of devices from HA into HE.

2 Likes

I was hoping to attract the advanced users/developers with a lot of HA experience to this effort. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Added version number

4 Likes

Another thing that would be helpful for updates would be adding an importUrl to the definition so each update would be "one click" for the user.

definition (name: "HomeAssistant Hub Parent", namespace: "ymerj", author: "Yves Mercier" ,importUrl: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/HE-HA-control/main/HA%20parent.groovy") {
3 Likes

Done. Thank you.

5 Likes

@ymerj - I just submitted a pull request to which adds temperature and humidity sensors.

2 Likes

Arghhhh!!!!!! you people are going to force me to install HA now.. I have been resisting the siren song of yaml configs.

It's annoying that installation on "generic Linux" is no longer supported. Have an oDroid N2 and do not wish to re-burn the emmc. Oh well - have to see if I have YARPi (Yet Another Raspberry Pi) around.

On the plus side I do have a left over Nortek stick from a cloud/network only C-4.

3 Likes

Yup. Agreed. These days they call it "bare-metal Linux", and I was unhappy to see that it is not only unsupported, but ridiculously onerous to put together on one's own.

:rofl:

1 Like

I'm running it off Virtual Box right now. Soooo easy to setup and then you get HASS.IO so you have the Supervisor and the Add-on store. Much more goodies to bring into HE :grinning:

1 Like

Merge done... I wonder, do I need to inform you or do you get noticed anyway?

1 Like

Thank you!

I receive an email directly via GitHub when one of my pull requests is approved, denied, or a comment is made.

1 Like

Looking great. Incredible progress in a short period of time. I'm testing on HASS.IO at the moment and it's looking great. No more trouble with devices coming in from anything, not just the Zigbee radio.

Note: Open and Closed is reversed for the contact sensors.

Will test a temp/humidity sensor now.

1 Like

Excellent! Could you please add barometric pressure too.

sensor.lumi_lumi_weather_7add3d03_pressure

From HomeKit Controller
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 10.41.48 PM Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 10.42.03 PM

Direct joined

1 Like

No can do, as Hubitat does not have a “Generic Component Pressure” driver type in the firmware. Right now, we’re using only the built-in child device drivers.

1 Like

I submitted a pull request to reverse this logic.

1 Like

Ah, I understand now. Well I have a shock/vibration/angle sensor available for testing and we have Generic Component Acceleration Sensor. :grinning:

@mike.maxwell
We could use in an upcoming build:

Generic Component Illuminance Sensor
Generic Component Pressure Sensor

Please and thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I think all the open/close logic should reverse, shouldn't it? Not just door ?

I can submit pull requests if someone can show me how to do it without screwing things up. :wink: I merged, not sure what to do after that.

Seemed easy enough. Submitted reverse to garage door, opening, and window.

1 Like

I updated to the new version last night with temp and humidity. I now have about 150 sensors reporting and all still seem fine. HE logs are noisy of course.

The log has been clear of errors except for one. This is a battery state sensor (not a level sensor). It reports "charging" or "discharging" etc.

Edit:
Looking at their documentation, this sensor should not have been added to the battery device class. It probably should have been a generic one. The sensor generating the error is created by the official android HA app so it looks like they are breaking their own rules. :man_shrugging: :rofl:

1 Like