A song for a full poo tray

Still my favorite topic title in the forum lately...who says we're aren't a fun group?! :smiley:

2 Likes

lol

with the rule as above and the switch on I can run actions, and the rule works as it should, I turn the virtual switch off and the rule starts as it should, but the rule wont activate when the Virtual switch is turned on unless running actions on the rule page?

there doesn't seem to be any errors In the logs, that i can see they our posted below, with a few more details, the Virtual switch can deactivate the rule but it wont start in for some reason. I have deleated the original Virtual switch and made another incase there was a fault there.
do you think i should do a soft reset to see if that fixes it?
thanks

Still curious what the song is!!

The divice name shown does not match the device shown in the rule trigger.

Are you using the standard virtual switch driver? The part that sends strange to me is in the trigger... poo test switch digital changed...the 'digital' part is what concerns me. I know there are some switch triggers that differentiate between the state being changed physically (like toggling a wall switch) and digitally (via automation). Double check your trigger and let us know what you see.

yes i am just using a standard Virtual switch
i changed to a physical switch but it still doesn't set off the automation, I wasn't sure of the difference to be true
I haven't got the litter robot directly linked to hubitat, I am using ha too and a rule in homekit that will activate the virtual switch when the litter tray is full

do you think I should do a soft reset, I have a least one other rule that simply turns off switches and pauses rules that isn't working fully too

the rule below doesn't want to pause rules, I may be possibly doing something wrong here tho

Two things:

1. The device settings screenshot you showed and your rule trigger appear to be named differently. Can you confirm this?

2. There should be a switch trigger that is neither digital nor physical...just 'changed'... have you tried that?

This doesn't seem like the kind of problem that a soft reset would solve, but if you want to try it, go for it.

Quality, thank you.
it was just the wrong switch variation that I selected in the rule thank you for fixing and helping me create it :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.