A Rule to List Devices That are Left On

I probably installed it before Bryan stepped back from actively developing in Hubitat. For my use of this here, it would be simple enough to setup a check of the attributes on the sensor group device on mode change or whatever trigger is needed.

It's possible you could still install it via Bryan's Bundle Manager, though I haven't looked at it closely. The device check plus bundle is in Bryan's GitHub repository under the Bundles folder.

The bundle appears to be empty???

I'd suggest just setting up a simple rule.

Just hate re”inventing” the wheel.
I do use groups to assure all is well, but when all is Not well…
Thanks anyway.

I installed an app called Snapshot that can poll any devices you add to its list.
Written by @bptworld

Depending on what you're going to do with the "list," my Device Status Announcer app (which is mostly geared towards notifications or TTS) may also work for you:

For switches, you'll need to use a "custom" device type and choose "switch," but the setup should otherwise be straightforward.

2 Likes

This!! :point_up: :+1:

Thank you! I found a bundle with an appcalled device check plus, that seems very similar to your app, with switches included. Not :100: what I’m used to. Thanks for your link, I may try yours out also.

That sounds like the app mentioned above. While I do not believe any of that author's apps are being maintained anymore, if it works for you, there's no reason to change.

To clarify, my app does allow you to use switches; it's just not "highlighted" with its own section by default like more common types of devices for these automations are.

Care to share a link to the bundle?

@bertabcd1234 I installed your app and I think I like it better than the device check plus app. I set up a custom switch section and added my switches there, to notify if any are turned on. The notification works perfectly but the word switch is in the notification after every device name. Say I had two lights on, the notification says the living room light switch is on and the girls bedroom switch is on. In the evening when I have multiple lights on, that is going to be a huge notification with "switch" after every device name. Is there a way for me to remove the word switch from the notification. The app doesn't seem to do that with contact sensors. the notification that i get with contact sensors is back door is closed, it doesn't say back door contact sensor is closed.

There is now. :slight_smile:

Update your app to the latest version (3.2.2.), and in each custom group, you'll find an "Omit attribute name in notification" option that will do what you're asking for.

2 Likes

This is why it's usually best to use a currently supported app, especially if the app is supported by someone who is very active/responsive. :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for your fast work, it seems to be working half at this point. When the announce/notify only if device state is/isn't option is turned on, the word switch is still at the end of each device even when the omitt option is on. When the announce/notify only if device state is/isn't option is turned off, the word switch is properly omitted.

Looks like I missed a case there. Try a "Repair" in HPM for this app (it won't show an update--just silently pushed this out since I doubt anyone else updated yet), maybe after waiting a few minutes to make sure it sees the recent change, and it should work.

2 Likes

@bertabcd1234 that did it, thank you so much. I'm very thankful for your hard work and fast action to users requests.

3 Likes

@bertabcd1234 I noticed that when setting up the custom device for switches that it doesn't list the device in alphabetical order. It lists the devices in alphabetical order when you go into the custom device settings but on the main app page the devices are all out of order, so when the notification comes in they arent in alphabetical order. is it possible to have them in alphabetical order. it seems like the contacts and locks section devices all stay in alphabetical order.

What platform version are you on? That's odd--I haven't seen that, and it's hard for me to imagine how it could happen since it's just the standard platform device selector.

I'm on hubitat 2.3.8.122, yes its odd see the screenshots