A real ghost node

I just noticed I have a ghost/non existent node on my C8. I only noticed it due to @tony.fleisher's Z-wave mesh details tool. In his tool it shows up as a unknown node.

unknownnode1

On the Z-wave details page it is only shown as a node that one device is using. There is no node 0xF3. This device is working.

The last node in my system is 0x97.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried shutting down the hub and pulling the power for a minute or so? This would reset the Z-wave radio.

I like the crawlspace exhaust fan and dehumidifier. These would help control mold and mildew.

1 Like

Good idea, I will give that a try.

Yes I had a real problem with that when I first moved into this house. There was a spot on the rear of my house that I thought I had a water leak. I couldn't find it. I finally realized it was just so much condensation it appeared I had a slow leak running down the wall. I did a lot of youtube videos and reading. I have encapsulated my crawlspace and the humidity now stays a constant 49 to 50%.

1 Like

Just tried it, shut down the hub for a little over 3 minutes, it's still there.

Maybe @tony.fleisher has some ideas.

Do you have a secondary controller (Z-Stick?) included?

I don't have a C8 yet, so not sure if anything is different there, but based on my experience with C7...

The "Unknown" shows up in the routers table if a router is found for a device but the router device is not in the z-wave details list. If the device is working, it probably is nothing to worry about (unless you are missing a device from the z-wave details page).

You maybe able to get the route updated by a power cycle/wakeup on the end device, or it may fix itself in a couple of days.

Was this z-wave network migrated from a previous hub, or was it built on the C8?

I realized a bit ago that there was a device missing. I am almost certain it was there initially, as it was migrated from a C5 to the C8. All the devices were working. Not sure what happened. I thought maybe that was it. I excluded the device and paired it back up but I still have the F3 node listed.

It was migrated from a C5 as noted above.

I do not, but I wonder if it has something to do with MY C7 that I am trying to decommission as it were. I had two device hubs in the house, a C5 and a C7. I migrated the C5 to the C8 and I am moving everything off of the C7 to the C8.

I just noted the C7 that I am moving devices off of also has a node like this. There are only about 5 Z-wave devices left on the C7. I guess I will wait until I finish and shut down that C7 hub and see what happens.

Just to confirm - so you are seeing below on your C7 just like your C8?

On the C7 it is node 50. Which at one point there probably was a 50, but now there are only a few Z-wave devices left. Below is the entirety of Z-wave on the C7 now.

l

FYI, both unknown nodes resolved themselves over night and are both gone.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.