A good wall Plug

I'm looking for a good dependable zigbee or z-wave wall plug (Not an outlet) Something that works great with Hubitat. I do run both Zigbee and Z-wave devices so it doesn't really matter just need 1 that works. I a couple of Aero wall plugs, but it just seems there is a big delay before they actually turn on.

The IKEA Zigbee wall plugs work well for me. I also have some Jasco plugs that work well. The rest that I have are CE SmartHome Wifi plugs from Costco that I converted to Tasmota. At 10$ a pop (in Canada) with power monitoring, it’s a pretty good deal, though it requires a bit more work...

1 Like

Some of us bought these. At $10 it's hard to go wrong.

Can't speak to its dependability since I've only had them less than a week. But they paired without any difficulty, seem to work fine as repeaters, and my indoor Christmas lights are all happy.

If they get the button to work with HE, that would be a great plus.

1 Like

Unless you plan to leave them permanently in the same spot, can I recommend zigbee over z-wave? Z-wave meshes appear to be less resilient to routing vagaries imposed by the movement of powered z-wave devices (like wall plugs).

I have the Tradfri plugs recommended by @Sebastien, and the Linkind plugs recommended by @dcaton1220 are also reviewed well.

1 Like

I love the SmartThings zigbee outlet. Hard to find right now in NA as Aeotech is taking these over.

Zigbee ikea all the way. I have tons of them. 9 quid a shot I believe.

There's a very nice one on Amazon that it's only about $17, made by Centralite. Zigbee. Recommended. Small enough that you could use two in one outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFPYV4K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_UDK4Fb899BDBA

Good is the Sinope SP2600ZB with power monitoring

Good enough is the IKEA Trådfri outlets

1 Like

Is there a switch on it so one can manually turn it on/off?

Yes...

The ikea doesn't have a manual switch. I should have mentioned.

That's always been a problem for me w/that plug. I don't use the manual switch often (almost never!), but just don't like there not being one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same. But I've also found my kids and better-half do use the manual switches occasionally when it's not appropriate to yell at Alexa or pull out the phone.

2 Likes