A call for solidarity and support

Emailed them. They still have some. Then they sent me an invoice for payment.

4 Likes

Yep but if you already have some C4's in production if you do get a C5 (or 2!) make sure you get a Y cable then you should be able to switch between hubs if necessary.

My C5 "controller" hub has the radios shut off and is used for cloud services/global stuff.

6 Likes

Ordered an additional hub and hope it helps

Be safe and take care

3 Likes

Could not agree more... great fun platform and basis for a success... but accessibility and simple use is problematic ( if ur a tech head it’s heaven if ur not the platform is challenging)

And im a tech head ...

4 Likes

Agreed. It was almost exactly what I wanted, but then I learned I wanted more than what most hubs only have on the surface.

I like the direction with “Let’s Get Started”, renaming Simple Lighting to Simple Automation, and bringing back the separate Button Controller. Theses are good first steps to making the hub more welcoming to normals. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Cumon people.... it’s 70$ to lend a hand, buy a backup hub , and help the guys to survive .....

3 Likes

I still keep my other hub alive as there are several sensors attached to it working as a double for my home alarm system.
So I found an ST multisensor at the back of my deep drawer and it didn't pair with it but it paired flawlessly with HE.
I also got an Aeotec Smart Switch 7 recently and it works fine with HE showing all the values but with the other hub it only shows some.
The stuff that's built into HE (RM) allows for so much I don't even use 30% of it.
People get other hubs, things don't work, they live with it - just like they get a new cell/mobile phone and some things don't work and that's fine.
You wouldn't believe that Fibaro is selling new HC3 hub with ZigBee that doesn't work at all. It will work in the future. The hub is just $500.
What we get from HE is worth so much more than $75.

6 Likes

This was my exact point several months back. I spent ~$125 for my Hubitat Hub and thousands of dollars on the various devices connect to my Hubitat Hub. On top of that, when I need support, I go to the fine gentlemen at Hubitat and this community hosted by Hubitat.

If a second or third hub can improve my home automation, count me in. If you're asking us to buy more hubs just to support their business, I'm kind of okay with that too, but that's not a sustainable business model.

Agree with you 100%. Keep it up.

I doubt anyone is suggesting that... I think the initial post was along the lines of.. IF you are thinking about another hub... maybe a Hue to put your Zigbee bulbs on.. then give Hubiat some 'round up' in the calculation.

7 Likes

Major time suck. Ender 3
check this, I converted all my samsung motion & multi sensors to AAA

3 Likes

I think it is a request to buy a hub ..... the pandemic is devastating, everything is stoped, the markets are a mess and consumption is stalled ... small companies are in particular are at risk of failure ... I read this thread as a “guys please buy” alarm... I bought one and it’s now my backup in a box

1 Like

If Hubitat has bothered to create the 2 ID Gledopto LED strip driver some of us wanted instead of effectively sticking 2 fingers up at it, I would have bought another hub. Instead I bought another Hue hub which handles them nicely. Just sayin'. So I'm still on 2 HE hubs at this time (imported from US at considerable expense already) and no desire to purchase more until the various slow down issues finally get resolved or we get better tools to analyse errors/issues.

I am the proud owner of one C4 hub and 4 C5s. May order another C4 just to get the USB stick.

As far as slow downs and frozen hubs goes my thought is the developers really need to limit the number of rules, variables, devices, etc. I know when I get to around 350 rules I see slow downs - especially in editing rules. I also have 86 global variables. Yep, I've gone a bit overboard. I'm slowly pruning this stuff down. My backup files run around 28 mb. I have an auto reboot at 4am every day. In my opinion what this little black box can do is amazing. I also have approx 150 devices. Believe me - I really don't want to see Hubitat close their doors. I would be more than happy to support anything Hubitat may have to offer whether hardware of software.

?? Please elaborate

1 Like

British version of the Middle Finger.

S

Yea.. I got that.. I mean was it refused? What was the reason behind this?

1 Like

Ah! Yeah I dunno. I dont recall such an action, but I didn't follow the gledopto threads too closely.

S

Yeah Mike said it was a tricky driver that didn't respond properly and so wasn't worth the bother. He was quite adamant with his response, which is fair enough. Someone else was working on a solution but it was never finished/posted. Anyhow, Hue recognises both ID's and it works nicely from Hue linked with HE. Now if only the HE scene control worked properly I could automate some nice effects. It's just not capable of reliable storing and setting my 3 LED strips on my terrace which is a bit disappointing. Anyway, not to hijack this thread. My point is when the various issues I see get resolved I will be much more likely to expand to more HA/hubs.

I have to say that while our community is great - and the POTENTIAL for Hubitat unlimited -
Can anyone here say that they would recommend hubitat to someone who wants to setup something as "simple" as IRIS provided out of the box? Even with HSM -
Try to add an applet where "if any door opens, my aeotech siren chime chimes". Unless you are a true programmer you dont have a chance.
Its integration with IF this then that - is great hope - yet at IFTTT - i search for add my own / create applet - am told to go to Creating your own Applet – IFTTT Help Center then to a page https://ifttt.com/create - and that page doesnt present the +Applet button indicated in the instructions.
How can we grow the user base when the most common things a beginner wants to do are not well explained or within grasp?