A bit confused on push messages to Android phone

I have the Hubitat mobile app installed on my phone, and I'm able to push messages to it when I'm in my home on my WiFi network. If I were to leave home and had mobile data access enabled on the phone, would I still be able to push a message to the phone? Is there a limit on the number per day?

You will continue to get push messages as long as the hub 1) has a route to the internet, and 2) your phone has a data connection. I've never seen a limit to the number of messages.

3 Likes

Thanks! I'd hoped that would be the case. I've been testing out the Rule Engine logic (conditional expressions included) by triggering actions manually while I'm waiting for my plugs, etc. to be delivered. Knowing saves me having to take a drive and set a time trigger to simulate the motion sensors.

My notification process is triggered by having any sensor set a switch, after adding to a daily motion count and putting its name in a variable. The switch triggers a rule that then sends a push notification of "Motion Detected" and the variable, then turns off the trigger. Once a day I send a push message with all the motion counts and then zero them.

1 Like