6 Gang Tuya Zigbee Wireless Scene Switch - anyone got working?

Hi folks

Been searching for this but can't find it discussed, apologies if I missed it. These look like a decent device

I bought one on the off chance: it is zigbee, will pair with the hub but can't find a working driver (I know Tuya's implementation is bizarre).

I'm not up to writing a driver, but if I can supply info for someone who'd like a go I'd be happy to.

It's a 6 button scene device, in a 60x60 by 15 package with a wall mount. It's not bad to be honest.

Cheers
Tim

1 Like

I have this exact 3-button switch but Tuya brand from Aliexpress (I think Zemismart is just seller brand)
Zemismart Zigbee Smart Remote Switch (3 button) driver - Get Help / Devices - Hubitat
There is a driver in that thread that you might try (I'm not using that), you need to modify it to 6 buttons I think.

I first used the built-in Zigbee Generic Multi-Endpoint Switch driver and it worked (it looks different now, I think it allowed to set no. of endpoint before)
In recent hub firmware update, seems it automatically moved the driver to Tuya Zigbee Scene Switch driver that you should try, make sure click "configure" after changing driver.

1 Like

I realized I have another 4-button Tuya switch that still in box. I just paired it and it was automatically detected as Tuya Zigbee Scene Switch with 4 buttons.

1 Like

Sadly I can't get either to work.

I have the four button one here working a treat, but this 6 button one seems like a new oddity

Cheers anyway
Tim

I think that switch looks like a Xiaomi Opple "re-engineered" for Tuya, same 6 buttons and magnetic mount design.

Check the last one in the first post. Might be the author of that driver can help
Generic Zigbee Devices (pushbuttons and motion detectors) that work well with Hubitat Elevation - Get Started - Hubitat

I've got one of these. I got it working by pulling around someone else's code which looked like it was someone else's before them etc etc. Um, I'm not even confident publishing in case I am going to be abusing someone's copyright. But it someone wanted to take it over and do it properly I'd be happy to send what I've got.

2 Likes

Does your double tap work? I'm using a different driver and all works except double tap.
If it does work, I'd like to see your driver, if it's okay

I actually threw the device out as it was a bit flimsy and a nuisance trying to remember what did what as it didn't lend itself to labels. So I don't remember for sure if double tap worked. I have sent the driver in a private message

Awesome, Thank you ! Double tap doesn't appear to work. In any event I see what you're saying, it is crappy and the buttons don't sit evenly on the face. The one Aliexpress sent me looks used, maybe it's a return? All scratched up and the buttons at rest are not level. It's certainly not the quality of the Aqara Opple 6 button remote, but Opple is a real son of a BIT*H to pair, but once paired is great

The buttons on my one were not level either, it felt like the sort of plastic quality you get in christmas cracker gifts.

1 Like

Over here in the US, we have a snack, Cracker Jacks, that used to come with an actual toy inside the box, of extremely low quality. The Zemistupid fits that bill.
Now a days if you put a toy in a snack box, someone will eat it, choke, and sue your pants off.
I have other Tuya devices that are made pretty solid. From what I understand, Tuya has a wide variation even within the same model depending on who manufactured the device for them, and a firmware for each month of the year, for that same device.

1 Like

Really I was just trying to test myself and see if I could understand drivers :slight_smile: For real life use I use those 4-button scene switches - yeah the ones that come in so many different manufacturer versions that Kkossev has had to dedicate his life to updating the drivers. But they're really nice to use and large enough to take a decent label

2 Likes

Tuya does not produce these devices.

Tuya is like Amazon - it is a platform for other manufacturers to sell their things, using Tuya development platform. Tuya also charges the manufacturers for using the cloud service.

For example, there are multiple manufacturers that sell Zemismart blinds/motors. They all have a Zemismart white label, look the same or very similar, but are produced by different companies. All are sold under the Zemismart white label, based on the Tuya development platform.

The result - one and the same model Zemismart blinds controller behaves differently - one manufacturer used 'Command #1' to open the blinds, while another 'Zemismart' controller uses the same 'Command #1' to close the blinds! So it is obvious, that although the gadgets look the same, they are made by different companies that do not talk to each other... or they do not understand themselves very well, it is a very big country where different dialects are in use .. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, here's some logs for the button presses, in the case you get bored and are feeling like coding, but as you know, next week brings different clusters and another manufacturer version.

Ford motor Co. used to advertise "Quality is Job 1", now for Tuya Quality is job 17, Right behind cheap, cheap, cheap...

The button does work fairly well, occasionally failing to register presses, which is similar to my Sylvania 4 button dimmer. So not sure if it has to do with HE's handling of Zigbee button devices or just a coincidence.

1 Like

This is a good video on Tuya's business model (the first few minutes of it):

1 Like