500 error trying to access apps

I am not sure if this is the right place. I updated my hub yesterday. To the latest 2.2.5.131
Today, I added a light and motion sensor, then created a motion lighting rule.
I then proceeded to test it for about 10 minutes, then I shut iff power to the breaker for what I thought was my guest bathroom to install a couple Inovelli switches, but I accidentally killed power to my office, and down went the Hubitat. After it came back on and I added my new switches, I noticed my new motion activated light wasnโ€™t working. Go to look at it, I donโ€™t see my new rule, nor my bulb and motion sensor.
Long story short, I added the bulb and motion sensor again. When I tried to add back the missing rule, I received a 500 error. I issued a refresh from the browser, and was able to add the motion rule, but now I get the 500 and cannot see any of my apps. When I click on apps in the menu, I get the 500 error.

I rebooted my hub, using the hub interface. It appears to be okay now.
Should I be concerned? Is this expected in some circumstances?

Just to make sure, make a backup, download to your computer (Settings > Backup and Restore), then Soft Reset (Diagnostic Tools, hub_IP:8081), then restore the backup you saved. To log in to the Diagnostic Tool, you will need hub MAC address - easiest way is to copy from Settings > Hub Details.

Making the backup apparently prunes out all bad records in your database.

Soft Reset details here:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

It might be wise to put your hub on an uninterruptible power supply.

1 Like

I have backups. I am more interested in a response from the devs if this is something to be concerned about, because a loss of the data from a reboot means the data was not committed to the back-end database. And the 500 error suggests there may be some corruption in the database, or filesystem. as I have backups, and everything is working now, I am leaving this here to see if we can get a response from the developers of HE.

1 Like