3A ZigBee RGBW LED Strip Light Controller

Hey Y'all,
I have one of these controllers and thanks to @steveff - it was wired correctly now.
I just updated my hue hub (should I not be doing that?) and now the controller is saying "unreachable". I removed it from HE and then Hue and re-added it to hue, but after a few seconds it goes unreachable again.
I reached out to Kevin and he said that the controller is Zigbee 3.0 (ZHA and ZLL) I dont want to add this to my HE if its ZLL and gives me grief.
So im not sure my options, buy an Ikea repeater and pair that between the controller and the Hue - or try and connect it straight to my HE and wait and see if it causes any issues.

Anyone have any experience they can share with these devices ?

My HUE hubs are kept up to date and I have no issues with mine, two of them, in saying that they are less than a metre from the HUE Bridge so maybe there is a communications issue that I am not seeing due to the short distance.

Cheers
Steve

1 Like

cheers for the reply mate

1 Like

do you know if we can pair ikea repeaters to the Hue ?

On a side note mate if you want an awesome yet cheap solution for LED's check out WLED (link below). Then just load it onto a Wemo's D1 Mini (rougly $3 AUD) or NodeMCU and then connect up some WS2812 LED light strips or WS2811 LED strings which are bloody cheap just depends on size and IP rating you need. btw, obviously you'd need a power supply but you probably have some spares sitting around anyways.

Anyways just my 2cents. I currently use an LED strip behind my TV, I have some strings I haven't played with yet and more longer IP strips on the way for my deck :slight_smile:

@jchurch - mate im sure your suggestions are legit and solid, but I have no freaking idea what you are talking about - ur a level 100 and im barely a 12 lol.
I couldnt even wire up this controller without @steveff help lol.

1 Like

Actually there is a great video to reflect what I am talking about here (see below link). It's very easy to follow to get this working. After this you just need to implement a simple HTTP switch in HE or just use the new WLED driver that someone on the forums created the other day although it's still a work in progress.

1 Like

Hey @stevebott123 - did you ever get this working?

I just received what I think is a similar product from 3Asmarthome com.

It states that it's compatible with Hubitat, but yours is the only post I've been able to find that even comes close to linking the two. I've tried a number of things - Hubitat finds the device, but I can't manage to control it.

Anyway - if you've had any luck, I'd love to hear about it.

Many thanks,

Forrest

Replied to your other thread mate.
But yes - through the hue bridge I have this working and configurable colours

Hey @forrest - I have four of these (RGB version) currently installed in the same room as my HE. All of them are using the Generic Zigbee RGBW device driver. Sadly, one of the controllers refuses to stay connected to the HE, so I have disconnected it. They are pretty cheap, and I think the build quality is reflected in the price. Since purchasing the first 4, it appears that they are no longer available on Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RYV9LGF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Thanks for the reply @stevebott123,

I continued to fiddle with settings and FINALLY got it two work using the Generic ZigBee RGBW device driver - without a Hue Bridge! (I wasn't willing to go buy a separate bridge).

This sounds weird AF, but if I set the colour to "black" I get the white LEDs only, with the colour LEDs off.

1 Like

Thanks @sumaca9 - I finally got it two work. This is what I ordered on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XCWSZCS