2GIG STZ-1 Thermostat Driver

I'm looking into buying a 2GIG STZ-1 thermostat and was wondering about driver support on the C7 Hub. Would the generic Z-wave thermostat driver work? Would I be able to use the Z-wave plus v2 protocol? Thanks

I just got one of these in.. The generic driver should work fine.. I haven’t had a moment to test yet..

I just hooked mine up today. It was detected as a "RGBgenie Micro Switch ZW-4004". After setting the type to "Generic Z-wave Thermostat", I'm only seeing a single state variable (initialized: true). It also seems like I'm unable to send any commands to the thermostat. Am I missing a step here?

Did you hit the “configure” button after changing drivers?

I'm not sure the configure button is sending commands, or they aren't being received. My log looks like:

dev:1392021-02-03 08:36:07.684 pm warnconfigure...

Alright.. I’ll unbox mine and give it a go.. If I have to write a new driver to make it work, I’ll get it done..

1 Like

Thanks. I tried including/excluding a few times, but I'm running into the same issue.

It turns out I had to exclude the thermostat multiple times in a row, then include it. I am getting some data from the thermostat, although it is largely incorrect, such as the temperature setpoints, modes, etc. In addition, I don't seem to be able to send any command successfully to the thermostat.

Was there ever a custom driver created for this device or is the Generic Zwave+ thermostat driver recommended instead (which I am using). I’m not getting state updates very reliably from this device though them changes seem to be OK.

you are using the recommended driver

Is it paired to a C-5 or a C-7? If it is a C-7, what does your z-wave mesh look like?

Ok, I did a lot of testing this morning. I have a C7 hub. I have three CT-101 thermostats (using the CT-101 driver) and three GoControl (2GIG-STZ-1) Z-Wave thermostats (using the generic ZWave+ driver). All were “Configured” on their device pages and I repaired their Z-Wave links to get the minimum hops. All are direct to hub or one relay via a Leviton wall switch..

At the end, I got 3 out of the 6 to operate perfectly using a new testing dashboard I created just for that purpose. The three that were not performing properly were not reporting status changes consistently, or at all, but when I controlled them via their device pages, response was perfect and the dashboard page, when reloaded showed their correct states. This occurred with one of the CT-101 stats and two of the 2GIG stats. I bought the latter on eBay used, so not sure there is not an issue with those. But since they respond fine via their device page, I’m leaning toward a driver or hub data passing issue.

So the only issue I now have is the inconsistency between communicating via the device page vs doing it via a dashboard tile.

There seems to be an issue with the CS reporting state changes to the generic thermostat dashboard widgets. All six thermostats above are showing the same symptoms though I have determined that the devices themselves are all operating normally. They change states instantly but the dashboard widget does not reflect those state changes (i.e. it still shows “heating” even though the device page shows it off and I see it physically off). This condition exists for both the CT-101 and GoControl ZWave+ thermostats.

Also controlling the thermostat via a dashboard widget is very frustrating as it often takes several attempts for the setting to “stick” and not revert to it’s previous setting. All this seems to be a relatively new problem as I do not recall these being issues 6 months or so ago. Could there be an issue with one of the hub updates?