23 years in the making. Finally--reliable room level presence thanks to mmWave

I have one back in AZ ready for me to tear open like a kid having a birthday. (The Linptech, that is) Tomorrow's the day.

1 Like

If this is true about the Linptech, that's pretty impressive.

Human Body Exist Detector

Sometimes Google Translate just does not quite do it... :wink:

1 Like

One on the way to play with, the easy overnight via Amazon pushed me over the edge. :slight_smile:

Plus they were offering a 10% off coupon, so I've saved billions! :wink:

2 Likes

Please report back.

1 Like

Will do...need to determine which driver is the correct one for this device.

@kkossev or @JumpJump or @Ken_Fraleigh - can you help w/which driver?

1 Like
2 Likes

DAMN YOU!!! I just ordered 5 with 1 of them discounted.
I have places that I can use these, and of course, 30 days return if they don't work.....

1 Like

Great. Looking forward to more folks in the other thread so we can share.

1 Like

Damn! Those are even cheaper...
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805680865194.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.43.480e19e2A4t4hn&algo_pvid=560781f4-8916-4630-924a-918d255d59a7&algo_exp_id=560781f4-8916-4630-924a-918d255d59a7-21&pdp_npi=4%40dis!USD!18.64!18.08!!!135.09!!%40210318b916947472946653763e3295!12000034632735457!sea!US!160510577!S&curPageLogUid=z1DVbteK0Hrw

These are BlueTooth !
Beware as they look exactly the same as the Zigbee version.

2 Likes

Love it when someone else is the one in it up to his hips.

:wink:

1 Like

I have had a couple that were great. They worked and never missed a beat. I've had several that, despite different firmware versions, would trigger a motion event that would never clear. Aeotec wasn't able to solve this. I've got between 8 and 10 of them. Some still sealed in the boxes because of the mediocre success.

Yeah, I know.... kinda went overboard I think?
I have been tossing around getting some of these since the IR motion detectors work just ok, but have their drawbacks.....
We'll see!

2 Likes

That is the biggest thing keeping me away from these. No way my wife would allow all these corded devices hanging around.. not to mention that in our home outlets arent usually in very coovenient locations.

1 Like

Same. If it has a cord hanging from it, it just cannot go on my walls. I'm trying to come up with a solution. I think most of them will be mounted to TVs where the cables can be hidden behind the TV. All our TVs are wall mounted with outlets behind them.

1 Like

Radar sensors can be hidden behind things if you don't need lux readings.

2 Likes

This worked on the crappy 5.8ghz sensors, but this 24ghz doesn't work thru thin drywall or from behind the TV. Seems it needs line of sight with the higher frequency, or at least minimal obstruction only.

1 Like

Which if you want to keep your sensors from sensing movement in the next room can be a good thing... :slight_smile:

But you could mix the 5 and 2.4 sensors in areas appropriate for their ability (or lack thereof) to penetrate walls.

1 Like

I could, but when I was testing that last 5.8ghz sensor, I found that it messed with my wifi (phones constantly kept dropping off instead of roaming to the closes WAP), AND it totally crashed my ZigBee network and I had to manually reconnect EVERY ZigBee device. So far, this device 24ghz radar device is much more stable and reliable.

1 Like

If you don't mind could you work on not cross posting the same information? We have a thread for the Linptech device. I've commented there that my experience is different that yours.