2022-23 Lock Recommendations?

Funnily enough I have both Kwikset (912) and Yale (YRD256) with Zigee modules. The Yale being my oldest lock. Both have performed very well. Battery life is decent and they are both responsive. Would have preferred a deadbolt smart lock for the 912 but my door is cladded and only has the knob available without replacing or major pain.

I purchased this Yale Assure 2 w/ Z-Wave: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2FQ3T5Z - and it's awful. The batteries die consistently in <12 hours and the app is garbage (required to get it set up at first). I have an original Yale Assure from a few years back and had an equally awesome experience with it. I may try to get that one again. Just wanted to update this thread in case others are looking. If anyone has new recommendations of Zigbee or Zwave please chime in, i'm in the market once again! Thanks!

BTW, I'm super leaning on grabbing the Schlage Encode Plus - which seems stable, secure, and works w/ pin + key + and iOS HomeKey.

Sorry to hear. For what it's worth, I've setup about 7 Yale Assure 2 Z-Wave locks over the past 5 months and I've been very pleased with their performance.

Two of the locks in one house had the batteries it came with (Energizer Max) and have been going strong since May. Looking at their current readings, they're at 58%. Of course, mileage may vary based on household usage.

I do agree with you about the app, I'm not a fan. Perhaps the lock is defective or something else is going on? Just wanted to let you know my experience if you haven't completely thrown in the towel yet.