2020 TV Recommendation with Integration Support

The new production lines coming online next year are going to make the 80+ TV's really cheap.

1 Like

Math word problem:

Danabw has a 68' wide space where his 75" Sony sits. His wife has told him that he MAY NOT!! make that space any larger. His wife has been pretty good about not hitting him when he messes up all the lights in the house, so Danabw said "Yes dear."

What is the largest diagonal size TV danabw can get without losing his wife and half of everything he owns? (Show all work.)

:wink:

1 Like

3 Likes

The aspect ratio is 16:9. So without bezels, the 68" base would give us a height of 38.25".

16:9 = 68:h
h=(68/16)*9

The Pythagorean Theorem would give us 68^2+38.25^2=d^2 where d is the height.

d = āˆš(68^2+38.25^2)
dā‰ˆ78.02 inches

This math was without bezels, but you may be able to get a 75" tv depending on the actual measurements. Also, if it is going to be wall mounted, you will need to account for the wall stud location.

1 Like

I think you deserve an A+ - showed all work, and quoted source (Pyth, baby) of your forumulas. :slight_smile:

Since I currently have a 75" TV in place, I can confirm it does indeed fit. :slight_smile: But looks like going much past that will be difficult. In any case, wife already got the new TV for her new master bedroom, so I'll have to limp along w/my 75" in the family room. :wink:

1 Like

Poor baby :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You'll just have to move your chair closer to the tv to increase field of vision! :smiling_imp:
I say this as I'm using a 55 in for my monitor and recently had to move chair closer to tv. It's a bitch getting old.

1 Like

Only one thing worse than getting old... :wink:

Yes, exactly, eggplant!!! :smiley:

Fixing field of vision issues...

1 Like

They do have a flip function but it is hidden in the hidden tech menu but rotating like a phone is just nuts.

1 Like

They will probably have 85" soon enough. It will only cost as much as car to buy.

I could not get one small enough anyway. I have some wide windows, no place for a wall mount and the desk is only 44" long so the set need to be 48". I got a LG C1 48" for that room. The rest are Samsung sets.

They make 60" but only in 1 line Q60A (Available on Amazon but not Costco) and most are 55" the 65" then 75".

ON is hard (only Wake On LAN works and only very few sets, Off is easy. Input (works on Samsung TVs, not sure about others) What is meant by time? It you want Full Control just get a Harmony hub. Say you want the TV to come one at 7:55 PM it is VERY easy to do this on the HE with the Harmony Hub. It is very powerful. It is the equivalent to the HE for AV equipment. It can even automatically dim lights when the TV come on if you have the right equipment.

Yes, I have the Roku integration. It will automatically import every action you have programmed into the Roku. You can then do the usual app magic using them as actions. It works with both Roku TV's (actually designed for them) or standalone models line my Ultra which I needed to add Tablo ability to my Samsung set. My new C1 from LG has A Tablo a native app. It is weak compared to the Roku version which puts all other versions to shame but it works which is what matters for a playback device.

Thank you @jeff.lilliquist I was completely unaware and it looks great for me.