2020 TV Recommendation with Integration Support

I have an H model (pre-Tizen) Samsung connected via Ethernet cable. If you want me to test any code, I'm more than happy to do it

That would be fun, but, alas, no use. The TV is on a movable mount over the fireplace and the issue is the horizontal measurement exceeding the fireplace width.

1 Like

Sounds like a home improvement project to enlarge the fireplace to accommodate a bigger TV screen.

2 Likes

Now that's what I call big thinking.

I have a 2014 Samsung and am very interested as well. Great effort..
Thank you

Anything for LG OLED's, particularly the CX series?

I found this thread, but it appears LG hasn't made integration easy:

My integration is not related to their TVs, just their appliances.

Oh my bad, sorry.

1 Like

I also have the same issue, a 2014 60" UHD8500 that sits on the wall between two Staircase's
So a larger TV won't work.

1 Like

You could always move the staircases. Now THAT’S a home improvement project!

1 Like

Simply rotate TV 90 degrees. Problem solved.

You're welcome :wink:

2 Likes

This is great. I'm thinking of getting that Samsung Frame TV. I'll order one and report back after I've had some time to play with it. It seems like it has smart things integration down well but I didn't know how much of that would carry over to Hubitat.

If you like the integration in ST, you could always use hubconect to bring over features you want.

I hadn't seen that TV yet...wow, like. :slight_smile:

I've heard mixed reviews on it. I think I'd rather use the money to get a bigger screen.

Yeah, my reaction is purely about the form-factor. Beautiful design.

I bought the Samsung "Frame" TV. The integration is fantastic, well featured, and very easy to setup. No complaints with the Habitat support.

The TV itself... Uhm... a bit over priced for what I'm doing with it. The best part is the flush mount to the wall. I have it fully off most of the time so its still a black rectangle for me. If you're going to use one of the light colored Frames I think it would 100% be worth it. But for me I need to use the default black frame to match the room its in. That makes it sorta a waste. There are 3rd party companies that make high-end picture frames for $500+ that look a lot better. I may do that. But for now my TV just sorta looks like a TV with a screen saver on. If I buy a better black frame it will look a lot more like art work, but then I'd have $1400 invested in this which seems like a lot to me.

1 Like

Thanks for the experience feedback.

Wasn't quite sure I understood above - you mean there are companies that make picture frames you can attach to TV sets to get a similar look, or ?

Thanks.

I mean there are companies that sell custom frames for the "Frame" TV. Samsung sells 2-3 themselves but you can get others at a premium price: example: https://decotvframes.com

1 Like

OK, thanks, I get it now.

Man, there are soooo many ways to spend/waste your money out there. :slight_smile:

1 Like