2 garage doors. Do I need 2 Zen17 or will one work?

The reed sensor needs to be fully wired in for it to show up anywhere as a usable contact sensor.

I dont get it. Wired up and controlling the door via open/close child device but nowhere do I see a dry contact device or setting. I have to go pick up the kid. Ill try more later.

Since you have 2 doors, when your reed sensors are wired to the Z17, your Device page should look similar overall to this (except your 2nd relay will be in use for a 2nd door)

The preferences section for the main Zen17 (parent) device should look exactly like this

1 Like

FWIW, one of my openers has acted up twice recently. It seems that the relay has stuck in the ON position. When that happens, even the physical button doesn't work. I'm guessing it's a mesh issue, and that my device is not receiving the OFF command. Power cycling the Zen17 will fix the issue, as will sending an OFF command directly from the child device's configuration page.

Either way, just make sure you've got good Z-Wave signal in the garage. Really a bummer when the wife is trying to get to work and can't get the door open.

1 Like

For the first time ever, I had some odd gremlins with mine this weekend too, but I think it was related to a botched firmware update attempt Friday afternoon that shook something out of whack for a couple days.

I finally had time today to get the dang f/w updated to 1.2 (WAY more of an ordeal than any past update I've ever done, incl several Z17 updates), and so far so good again (knock on wood!). I don't have a Windows PC, so I'm at the mercy of the HE's built-in firmware updater.

I dunno what happened -- my well-reinforced z-wave mesh seems inexplicably fragile lately for no good reason (no recent changes etc), so I know that didn't help -- it sure as heck made that firmware update really painful.

ZW on a C7 can be so darn fickle -- I suspect it's a 700 thing, so perhaps the newest SiLabs SDK will help more. Maybe in the next release? A guy can dream! :slight_smile:

1 Like