2.3.9.160 limit access endpoints - DON'T FORGET YOUR OTHER HUBS!

After installing 2.3.9.160, specifying limited access IP addresses, and rebooting, nothing using Hub Mesh worked properly.

After adding the hub's addresses to the access lists and rebooting, everything's working again.

I love this new feature, but for multi-hub users, DON'T FORGET TO ADD THE ADDRESSES OF YOUR OTHER HUBS!

1 Like

I changed nothing on two hubs after updating to .160, and have had zero issues with mesh (or any} devices or automations. I'm not aware of any required changes for normal use of hubs with .160.

1 Like

It was only an issue because @jwjr enabled the new feature:

4 Likes

Ah yes, didn't get that from the wording the first time, thanks for the clarification.

How does this handle the fact that most endponts will be dynamic ip addresses.

In the code i write for this case in the ecowitt driver i used a dns name and do a periodic lookup to see if it changed.

Are you able to specify subnets? Or a grouping of ips.. x.x.x.50-100?

This is a new setting (set via endpoint on the hub) where you can limit what IPs can access the UI. It would only be useful if you have a specific workstation you access the hub from and it always has the same IP.

Seems like login security would provide a similar benefit with the advantage that any IP can access with the password. However, arguably slightly secure than an IP restriction.

Thanks. I do login from different endpoints and devices. Plus, remote scripts to do tasks. Just too many devices to statically assign them all.

Being able to specify groupings of IP addresses for this would be awesome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.