[2.3.6.144] What does this mean? (Zwave Question)

As you can see via the following screen shot from my logs, my zwave discovery stops after around 20 seconds (no matter what it says on the add device screen).

Can someone please explain this to me?
(It's now happening repeatedly, and not allowing me to discover a zwave device.)

Have you tried shutting down the hub, remove power for 10 seconds, and restarting it. Zwave radio probably got itself into a bind, that will allow it to power down and restart.

1 Like

Indeed, this happened around 2 minutes after I did exactly that.

It probably means the ZWave radio is in need of a reset. You must power down the hub to achieve a Z-Radio reset. Settings: Shutdown -- wait for the message or Red LED. Pull the power and wait 10 seconds, power up, try to Include again.

A reminder... Exclude before Include is a technique that reduces the chance of a Ghost.

I will try again, to fully reset the Zwave radio.
It looks like it's got itself in a knot. (figuratively speaking!)

Do you have any other theories?

only one.. ask the status code guru... :slight_smile:

Hey @bcopeland what's status: 7 mean? @bertabcd1234 are these status codes documented?

Here we go:

So, I'm going to do a full zwave repair job, and see where that leads... (can't hurt?)

1 Like

Not by us, but I assume SiLabs has it somewhere. :grinning:

Are those numbers actual codes or just an arbitrarily numbered list in table format? Mostly asking because the phrasing seems kind of informal...

Good Question, if those numbers are the actual error codes.
Here is the document that I found:

However, I did find a device that was included without a name (which always indicates to me a potential ghost). Fortunately, I was able to use the "remove" button to get rid of it.

They got added during C-7 days if I remember right.. when the 700 series chip had it's teething pains. They may just be direct expressions of what the Chip sends, but historically those kinds of chip status's lean towards bitwise vs numerical sequence.

Unfortunately getting rid of that ghost, didn't help a bit:

So, back to @bcopeland :slight_smile: what does that error message mean?

It just means that the inclusion timed out.. It didn’t find any device in inclusion mode.

But, why does it time out in less than 100 seconds?