2.3.5.152 seems to have broken my LeakSmart valve - Fixed, Driver issue

I made a bunch of other small changes related to logging. I'm not at home, but I will PM you my modified driver when I'm back.

2 Likes

This might be something. I also noticed that I have this enabled:
Report WET/DRY *
Send the wet dry signal

That might be what is causing the issue.

Thanks. I got it and installed it. Now to try the update again.

1 Like

:+1:

Would recommend clicking "Configure" once before testing it against 2.3.5.152. It should not be necessary, but won't hurt either.

1 Like

I did click "Configure" once I installed the modified driver. I updated, and it is working properly as far as I can tell. I tested opening and closing with 2.3.5.152 and it worked. It is no longer shutting without cause.

Bottom line: 2.3.5.152 was not the issue. However, 2.3.5.152 revealed a problem in the device driver I was using. Why it did not manifest before, I don't know. Something in 152 must have changed how HSM read the device so that this problem manifested itself. It is fixed now.

Thank you all for your help and to @aaiyar for providing the driver that does not show this issue.

1 Like

I have the same device, and I am using the same driver @StephenH had the issue with. I have been on 2.3.5.152 for a few days with no issues. I have been able to turn off and back on the valve with no problems.

@aaiyar, just in case I have an issue later would you please share the updated driver you have.

It’s actually an older version of the driver. It’s a derivative of version 2.9 that makes descriptionText logging optional. And removes contact/water sensor capabilities.

The version you are using will work unless you have the same HSM setup as @StephenH. Based on the GitHub notes some of the changes I made are also made optional in newer versions of this driver. But I’ll PM my modified version later today.

Could you please PM me the driver as well?