[2.3.4.123] Homekit - Inovelli Bulbs & Light Strips as Dimmers instead of RGBW Bulbs

@gopher.ny, the Homekit app sees Inovelli Bulbs (LZW42) and Light Strips as dimmers instead of RGBW Bulbs using Hubitat’s Custom Drivers. Is this something that can be corrected?

The built-in driver for LZW42 (Inovelli Bulb Multi-Color) shows up in the right section of HomeKit integration for me. Is this a different driver?

Yes, I’m using Inovelli’s community driver - that is likely the difference…?

Inovelli Light Strip LZW45

I found this as well. Had to switch to the built-in driver for it to work

I just realized that I gave you the Light Strip driver - for the bulb, I am using the same driver you are for 3 of mine, and the one that doesn’t work is using Inovelli’s driver. So the issue looks like it is linked to their community driver.

The driver should have these capabilities to show as a RGBW light in HomeKit integration:
[ 'Color Control', 'Color Temperature', 'Switch', 'Switch Level', 'Light', 'Color Mode' ]
or
[ 'Color Control', 'Color Temperature', 'Switch', 'Switch Level', 'Bulb', 'Color Mode' ]

1 Like

Yup! They were both missing Bulb/Light. I added Bulb to the LZW42 bulb and Light to the LZW45 Strips drivers and it fixed the issues.

@ericm, could the Light / Bulb capability be added to the LZW42 and LZW45 drivers at some point to make them compatible with Homekit?

Either of those will work? Does it make a difference which one?

1 Like

I used “Bulb” for the LZW42 and “Light” for the LZW45 and they both work, so I would say no difference.

I've added the light capability to both. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.