[2.3.4.119] Homekit - Open Shades incorrectly show 'Closing'

There was a feature request made to make Z Wave Shades report correctly as open/closed. As they have a level of 0-99 rather than 1-100, they (did) show 'Closed' when at position 0 but 99% open when at 99 (fully open)

In 2.3.4.119 at position 0 they correctly show 'Closed' but when they reach the open position (99) they now permanently show 'Closing'. This is using the built in 'Qubino Shutter Module' driver. My Zemismart blind using community driver shows as before ('Closed'/'99% Open) and I have one shade controller running my garage door, a Fibaro Shutter 3 using a community driver. That correctly reports 'Closed'/'Open' when at 0/99

Tagging @gopher.ny

1 Like

Yeah I think that was me, it’s still broken for the Aeotec nano shutters too.

Go to HomeKit integration app, scroll to the bottom and enable "show accessory classes and characteristics". Then scroll back to the window shade device and export it as "reversed" using device options. And please let me know if that works as expected :slight_smile:

No that breaks them completely. The direction is correct apart from the range is 0-99 vs 1-100. It's that when they reach 99 open they say 'Closing'

Yep, this is the same for me too.

Ok, will take another look.

3 Likes

@gopher.ny Just to add another data point, I added my shutters to Alexa, and the same issue is present.

Imo this confirms a driver issue:

I actually do get better results with this config:

However the issue is that when closed, the driver isn’t reporting 100%, it’s reporting 99% when closed so Alexa and HomeKit both think the shutters are still closing.

@gopher.ny @bravenel @bcopeland .120 has fixed this issue for Homekit, but not Alexa, so I think the driver range is still the issue.

Eg if I create a virtual window shade, it goes from 0-100 and works perfectly in both homekit (including via homebridge) and Alexa.

It appears to me that this homekit change is a Band-Aid for a fundamental driver issue?

HomeKit integration has got some special handling to accommodate z-wave max position value of 99 for shades.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it have been better to fix the root cause in the drivers?

Since updating to .120 all of my curtains on Qubino Flush Shutter driver are now correctly showing 'Closed', 'Open' when in those positions rather than '99% open' when open, or 'closing' when open as they were in .119. Thanks @gopher.ny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.