2.3.1.139 - ML App Errors After Upgrade - Command Not Supported By Device

I upgraded from 2.3.0.124 to 2.3.1.139 yesterday and I noticed a lot of my motion lighting stopped working. I believe the one's that are not working are where I have my Hue bulbs directly paired with the HE hub and then setup as part of a scene. I am looking to move them back to the Hue bridge, and the few that I have moved back to the Hue bridge appear to be working (I think).

These are the errors I am seeing in the Logs since the upgrade:

A text-based example is:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'on' is not supported by device 2. on line 1113 (method AlexaOn)

Thanks,
Simon

Try this: Open Groups and Scenes parent app, and hit Done. See if that fixes this. Please report back.

Thanks @bravenel, unfortunately I still see the same error come up when I trigger a ML rule, after having hit Done like you suggested.

Other methods of controlling the scenes appear to be working, including Button Controller rules / apps.

I am not sure if your issue is similar to mine. I have submitted a support item on it. My motion lighting apps broke in two rooms that both have multiple Hue Motion Sensors paired directly to Hubitat. All the other rooms with a single sensor are fine. Also, two rooms with one Hue sensor and one Bosch sensor are fine. Rolling back to 2.3.1.135 fixes the issue, but it persists in 136-139. Haven't heard anything back from the support submission. Any ideas @bravenel ? Happy to submit any logs that may help.

Thanks for posting the details of your situation @Barry.

I tried updating the ML rule for my Study, which references a Zone Motion setup, to using just one of the motion sensors for that zone, and it still produced the same error. Not conclusive that this is not related, but at least not something that resolved it in my case.

Simon

I need to see the Motion Lighting setup page, and the Settings from its App Status page. @Barry those from you would help also. I cannot reproduce this problem with a new instance.

I am also unable to reproduce this when upgrading from 2.3.0.121 to 2.3.1.139.

Here are the screenshots for my hallway motion lighting @bravenel.

This Hallway ML setup utilises a zone motion controller that triggers HE scenes. The zone motion controller comprises of Hue motion sensors paired directly with the HE hub, and the HE scenes use 2 Hue downlights paired directly with the HE hub. Interestingly, two of the rooms where ML works, are rooms where I have migrated the lights back onto the Hue bridge, and am now using the Advanced Hue Community integration. The ML setup for these simply turn on a virtual switch, which triggers another rule that performs the logic for what Hue scene to trigger. Not sure if this is relevant....

I might try to re-configure the scene-based ML setup below (as a separate ML child app) after work to see if that makes a difference.

(There are no scheduled jobs shown on screen)

We're done with 2.3.1, so whatever issue lurks here, it's not getting fixed for some time. I would suggest recreating the ML rule if you have problems with it.

1 Like

An initial test appears to suggest re-creating the ML setup works. I'll try a few more and see how it goes.

On a side note.... It would be nice if, when nominating the Alexa / Google Dimmer to control the app, it would not fail to install the app because of a DNI clash, but link to the existing device from a previous setup. i.e. From my screenshot I had a Hallway Motion Override device called out by name at the bottom of the app setup, would be nice to be able to link to the same device again.

No can do, as this is a child device.

Ah, got it. Fair enough.

While I was accepting at first, and still am to a degree, the process for transitioning from one copy of an ML app to a new copy, at least the way I tried it, was cumbersome when dealing with this Alexa / Google Device. I probably should setup another thread, and am happy to if you want to discuss it further... But essentially....

I paused and manually created new copies of my ML child apps that were not working, as you suggested. This required entering a different Alexa / Google device name in the new ML app, e.g. Hallway Motion Override New. I then went through and replaced all the references to the original hallway motion override device, including apps / rules on remote HE hubs. I thought I would eventually be able to change the name / label of the device (removing the " New" at the end) and the new ML app would simply reflect this, but it appears the link is based on the text typed in the Alexa / Google field on the ML app. I can't think of a way to get around doing the process twice.

Yes, the device is tied to the name entered in the app. There's nothing to be done about that right now. Maybe in the next release that can be looked at and changed. However, you should be able to change the name of the device on its device page, just not in the app.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.