[2.3.1.133 C7] Massive numbers of "Broken Actions"

Hmm. So, I rolled back to .132 and my rules looked intact again (at least when I examined them all after the rollback).

Do I need to be going back before that (i.e., to .129)? And, do I need to restore the entire DB? Or, should I be safe with just the platform rollback to .132? And not touching anything for now?

Thanks.

Then may I respectfully suggest that, until a fixed platform version is released, one of the staff magicians make the “Download latest version” button in Diag Tools cause 2.3.1.129 (version before the issue was introduced) to be downloaded?

With all due respect, it's Friday night. I can't promise that anything can be done before Monday, and the most likely thing to happen is a hot fix. Something might happen prior, but that's not known at this time.

2 Likes

Ok, it was just a suggestion.

It's 11:42 PM EDT! Just being realistic.

1 Like

I thought all you guys lived in a house together in Arizona. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Was on 132, noticed no "Broken Actions" but found errors running a rule setting a local variable to a device attribute (sensor value). Rolled back to 129 (with current database), now the rule showed "Broken Action", threw an error and needed to be manually fixed. YMMV

132 Error

Yeah, there is an incompatibility between 129 and later builds with respect to setting a variable to a device attribute.

Best plan is to sit tight until we get the hot fix out, which will be today.

5 Likes

As usual, HE staff goes above and beyond on dealing with issues that arise. Companies I've worked at/with in the past would not even be aware/looking at this until mid-day on Monday at best, maybe a fix by the end of the week. Just another reason why HE is the best, IMHO.

3 Likes

Hot fix that fixes this problem coming shortly. 2.3.1.134.

5 Likes

Wow...and .134 is already out!

1 Like

Is there anything special we have to do after we install this platform update? Any particular database version backup we should install?

And thank you, Bruce, and the Hubitat staff for going above and beyond the call of duty.

It should just fix the problem. Nothing special to do. Let me know...

1 Like

It's actually more like this...evidently Bruce likes his workspaces light and bright. :wink:

1 Like

You obviously haven't been to AZ...

3 Likes

LOL...I have, lovely state, but tons of sun. I did forget to mention the incredible amount of ice cubes required to maintain a livable temperature inside the dome. :smiley:

1 Like

2 Likes

Installed 134 with my rolled back 129 system. Tested the two previously broken rules, all is OK here. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch for getting that out so quickly.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Problem with Refresh Custom Action