[2.3.0.107 C7] Showing Strange device type for a Zooz Switch - and it changes when you Refresh

BASIC_TYPE_SLAVE??? Ok, so I clicked Refresh:

Now it's a static controller? Click Refresh again:

Back to a slave. Ok, click it again:

Now it has no device type. Let's click it again for good measure:

Now it's a routing slave.

What it should be is SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY

@bcopeland It doesn't seem to happen to any other devices and it doesn't seem to affect the device operation.

Edit: correction, device works but it’s pretty slow to respond.

Had to reboot this morning. They all show as slaves now.

This is happening again. When it happens to a device, it is still functional, but there is almost a 10s delay in receiving commands.

As soon as I click Refresh on any device it switches to Slave. This clearly seems like a bug to me.

Other symptoms:

1. Devices report they have no route
  2. The number of devices connected directly to the hub jumps up dramatically (85 -> 103 that is, all of them)
  3. Any device that has no route, when I send it a command it connects directly to the hub but only at 9.6kb/s

Any help or am I out of luck? If I power down the hub for a few minutes, everything works perfectly. This is the second time it has hapened in a week now. If there are no suggestions I'm rolling back. My hub isn't working right on 2.3.0 @bcopeland @bobbyD

There were no changes to Z-Wave in 2.3.0, but do you mind rolling back to 2.2.9 to see if that resolves the odd behavior? From Diagnostic Tool select Restore Previous Version, then select 2.2.9.146.

I can, the thing is, it's randomly happening so it will be hard for me to say whether or not this fixes it other than letting it sit for 2-3 weeks.

Wanted to note that there are no issues so far after rolling back to 2.2.9. Is there any information I can provide? Nothing got logged at all. It clearly seems like a bug to me (whether new to 2.3.0 or not) that would cause all the device types to get screwed up. I don't see how that could be mesh related?

cc @bcopeland

Alright. Been nearly 2 weeks. No reoccurrence on 2.2.9. I’m going to upgrade to 2.3.0 tomorrow and we’ll see if it happens again unless there is some other data I can capture that would help with diagnosis?

Note also the changes in LWR RSSI in your screenshots.

1 Like

I didn’t notice that but yeah that doesn’t seem right!