[2.2.9.134] Several Dashboards broken [C7]

I discovered I have multiple dashboards that are showing "no devices authorized". I go into the app page and it shows that I do indeed have devices authorized.

I’m thinking corrupt DB maybe.. might consider downloading a copy of the DB to be safe, and then reboot the hub. If that doesn’t fix it a soft reset and restore may be needed.

1 Like

Ok this will be the 2nd soft reset in the past week. Not good.

well this is very odd....

Things seem very out of whack here...

edit: for clarification, I'm looking at a couple things here as being odd. The entry that says "current" yet it is dated 2 days ago and between two entries that are showing to be 2.2.9.130. What would be current to me is 2.2.9.134. Also I am noticing the considerable jump in size. I have made no changes of any significance that should account for this.

@gopher.ny I think I might need your help here. I suspect something is screwy behind the scenes for me.

This seems like the exact same thing I had at the end of last week. I believe that your top backup from 2.2.9.130, which is half the size of the later ones, is your last good backup. Download it now to your computer, if you don’t already have a downloaded local copy. Don’t wait for it to age out and be replaced by newer, corrupted, backups.

Victor (@gopher.ny) is investigating this issue using the last good and first bad backups I emailed to him last week, and is working on appropriate sanitizing/validation code in the backup/restore process.

Apparently, something is causing the H2 database to have two corrupted copies of the database. Not two perfect copies (that would be easier to handle). The best thing to do is:

1. Go back to your last good database,. You do have downloaded local copies, don’t you?

2. Going forward, each time you download a backup, restore it to check that the backup is good. Don’t assume.

See this thread here:

1 Like

I'm glad I don't seem to be alone in this. I am going back to last known good database and I will sit at that till I get more info.

It might be helpful for you to send a PM to @gopher.ny , asking if it would be helpful to email him a copy of your last good database backup and the first corrupt one after that. Perhaps that would help him spot a trend and figure out the cause.

I hope it’s not because the spooks of Halloween are approaching.

1 Like

Yes, please grab the 10/13 database. Also, download a current backup, it should be around the same size as one from 10/13 (2.7m).