2.2.7 Zigbee OTA updates

I kind of do this now.

Currently, I start it manually.

1 Like

After reading this thread and others, and attempting all suggestions 50 Times I am still not able to update firmware on my Hue Indoor Sensor using HE. Getting the wildcard errors. So I linked it to my Hue Bridge and ten minutes later it updated. When I re-linked it to HE the build number does seem to reflect the new build or firmware it still shows the old one. I have rebooted, re-saved the device and parameters, configured, refreshed, and tried update firmware again and get no success updating the Build number in the device on HE.

How can a force the build and firmware numbers to reflect the new Build on HE? Might this be a bug that is contributing to the Update Firmware problems people are experiencing?

I have another identical sensor and it reflects the latest build, how it got there I don’t know. It is actually older that the one I am having problems with.

Any help is appreciated,

LJ

If its not updating then you have a network issue of some sort, likely the very same reason you can't update the firmware on hubitat in the first place.

1 Like

Generally the driver queries the device for its data at install or configure.

3 Likes

Any suggestions on what kind of network issue? Everything seems fine on my LAN and Wifi.

Ok just checked the device again and now the firmware version has updated but the build number hasn’t. Strange.

a zigbee network issue...

build number?, what build number...

1 Like

@mike.maxwell
On the driver it shows firmwareMT and softwareBUILD. It is the latter that does not reflect the same number as the last 8 digits of the firmware number like all the other Hue motion devices do.

LJ

The device is right next to the HE and is directly connected to it with no additional hops.

Hopefully not really "right next" to it. Too close (<33cm) is bad, for various reasons I won't bore you with.

1 Like

Well perhaps it needs to be greater than 6-7 inches then…

LJ

Oops. I forgot we were talking zigbee. In that case min distance would be more like 6cm. Sorry about the confusion.

1 Like

I updated another Hue Motion Sensor by migrating it to the Hue Bridge, updating, and migrating back. It exhibits the same issue with the Build field In HE not updating but the firmware field is showing updated. Just thought I would share this.

LJ

That’s how I did mine, but not recently

@mike.maxwell Are there firmware updates for the Osram Lightify 73661 RGBW flex strip? I only ask as it doesn't say anything one way or the other in the logs when you click update firmware

There isn't an image for that device.

1 Like

Dresden has their firmware for the FLS readily available.
Could it be possible to add those to this feature?

http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/otau/

AFAIK there hasn’t been an update for them past 492. The newer ones use a different Zigbee controller and are manufactured by Ledvance. They also have different firmware that can be updated on HE.

none of those are the correct versions...

Yeah sorry, I see that. I have the latest on hand if you want it.