2.2.5 …… when?!?

Could you try an incognito mode in the browsers? What color is the light on the front of your hub?

FYI, Patrick changed jobs, no longer works at Hubitat.

1 Like

I'm getting a steady blue light on my Hub. I've tried incognito on both Brave and Chrome and no luck -- same message...

Ok, that indicates the platform firmware isn’t running if you have a C-5 or C-7 (assume you do, right, not C-3 or C-4), but you should still be able to get to Diagnostic Tool. Perhaps your hub changed IP (can happen if you don’t have a DHCP lease reservation).

See if you can locate it at http://portal.hubitat.com

If you see it on the portal, try going to diagnostic tool at the IP shown on portal.

If not, because the platform isn’t running (blue light), you can’t damage the database, so pull the power at the wall, wait a bit, plug back in, see if it boots to green light.

Yes, managed to find it. Status says it's Active, but the light on the hub continues to be blue. The IP address is the one I was using -- it hasn't changed. When I try the Diagnostic Tool, still no joy.

EDIT: Worth adding that I'm based in London, UK, so that last check-in time is last night, essentially when the hub died during my attempt to update the firmware.

2 Likes

Yes, but the last checkin date/time is old, may be stale info. Try the power down, power up. If that doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas. My wife wants me to go to bed. Perhaps someone else can suggest something I’ve missed. The steps I gave should have worked.

1 Like

Thanks for your help! I will keep trying. Go to bed, no need to keep your wife unhappy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone out there who might be reading this, when I try to initiate 'Update Hub' from the portal page, I'm getting the following error message.

Any suggestions...?

I’m supposed to be sleeping as well, but t try going to 192.168.0.207:8081
Reboot the hub from there if possible. I’ve read that on some hubs the final reboot isn’t happening.
If you can’t log in, look at your routers web page to see what ip your hub is assigned to.

Oh boy, I don't want you guys getting into trouble with your wives because of me...

Unfortunately, I cannot get to 192.168.0.207:8081 -- getting the same message as shown above... Checked my router and I can see my Hubitat hub in there -- looks like I've got the right IP address...

Perhaps the update is causing a dns error with your particular router. I would contact Hubitat support or @bobbyD @gopher.ny

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve tagged them earlier on so hopefully they will be able to help..

Starting with 2.2.5, version upgrade triggers a full reboot. That will probably deal away with half of the upgrade issues. It doesn't help with upgrading from 2.2.4, though.

3 Likes

Please check your PM. Also, you may want to remove the above picture containing your hub details.

3 Likes

So we’ll need to set the expectation of a longer running update due to the full reboot next time to keep people from pulling the plug...

1 Like

Well, perhaps, but @TUllman had waited for an hour before I posted my lengthy instructions about revert & restore after backup. It should have come up by then.

My C-5, lightly loaded, took about a minute to reboot after update. My C-7, moderately loaded, took less than 5 minutes to reboot after update.

1 Like

An hour may be excessive...:crazy_face:

1 Like

Alright, managed to get the Diagnostic Tool up & running and restore the backup. Now, I'm really nervous about trying to upgrade to 2.2.5 again...

EDIT: Took the leap of faith, tried again, and whoo, success! Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped me get it up & running. @672southmain, @Ken_Fraleigh, @gopher.ny, @bobbyD

6 Likes

Yesterday updated a C-4, C-5, & C-7... no issues, update took about a minute or so. This morning everything appears to be working. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

A reboot adds ~15 seconds to update time, a fairly small fraction of total.

1 Like

15 seconds for some people is a long time, particularly if it's their first update. Just thinking out loud....

1 Like