2.2.4 ...... when?!? NOW!

I can’t believe I don’t see anybody asking WHEN do we get it ???

Btw HE guys. I know you received some comments during the Hubitat Live last night with people saying get to the content.

Myself and I believe many of us that have been with Hubitat for some time really appreciate you, the founders of the company, coming online and just talking. We like hearing the history, the pitfalls, etc. I know you don’t/can’t tell us everything but we appreciate what you do talk about.

Thanks.

@bravenel @mike.maxwell

17 Likes

Thanks.

5 Likes

A few did ask when. It’s now in beta test with a just today released update to some issues raised.

It’s going to be pretty soon based on previous experience but the Hubitat guys know it’s important and so want it to be the best it can be...

5 Likes

Yes I did know it was in beta from the stream last night. But thanks. This is a little more news. Lol.

We'll release it when it's ready. That may not be this week. It depends on what shows up in beta testing, and our own internal testing, and our ability to wrap those issues up.

13 Likes

Good release > fast release. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I know I don’t speak for all but for me I would rather wait very anxiously for a stable release. I left the Vera system for the issues with stability and I am thankful for what info we have gotten thus far. With this Covid BS and other factors we should all sit tight as historically we have been given well tested and solid releases. Thanks @bravenel and the Hubitat team!

6 Likes
1 Like

So you volunteer for beta testing? Great!

1 Like

You ever popped a bag of microwavable popcorn?? It says to stop microwaving when the popping has 2 second gaps. :smiley:

Same with Beta Test reports... gotta keep going til there's a reduction in problem reports. :smiley:

But the metaphor holds because it's not always an exact number of minutes to set on the microwave. I certainly set it for 10-20 seconds more, while hovering. LOL

6 Likes

It really is an art...

2 Likes

Love that analogy, works perfectly. :slight_smile:

The only real difference is that you miss out on a lovely bowl of popcorn when you're running a beta. :wink:

Your microwave doesn't work when you're on a Beta?? That's odd. Did you put in a Ticket ?

[all a joke, of course.) :smiley:

4 Likes

This week? I can't wait to do away with HubConnect when managing all the drivers,etc! :slight_smile:

December 7th.

2 Likes

Infamy? Hope not!

Eh, it is just a far out enough date to stop people from asking for a few weeks. :slight_smile:

I would guess it is getting close - days, not weeks. BUT there is a lot in 2.2.4, and people keep finding things in testing. So... Patience.

5 Likes

Maybe someone should start a youtubechannel called HubitatRumors.... where you can get the latest rumors and launch dates.... haha #apple #applerumors #jonprosser :rofl: :popcorn:

Soon never comes sooner. We are as eager to make the release publicly available, as many community users are. Engineers are trying hard to resolve the problems raised during beta - they need a few more days to catch up on the excellent feedback they've received, so far.

5 Likes

And while they are, it should stay in beta.
The worst thing they can do is release a firmware update that causes issues to lots of users.
While people may be disappointed it is taking awhile to be released, just imagine the furore if it was released with bugs that caused peoples hub to go pear shaped.

Having said that, I guarantee someone will find something that is causing issues. That's the nature of the beast. :dragon_face:

6 Likes