2.2.4 Release - Congrats to the HE team!

I'll add my congratulations on a enormous upgrade. Tons of hours and brain power involved in this platform update.

One minor thing I noticed right off the bat, which I had hoped for forever, when you create a NEW rule in RM you no longer have to save it, and reload it, before you can run it. A real time saver - thanks a million times over.

Bobby D pointed me in the right direction to get up to speed with revising my Dashboards - thanks Bobby.

Is it just my system or does everyone get a white screen flash when moving from one dashboard to another via a dashboard link tile.

4 Likes

I'm seeing it, also.

HE Team, great work as always! Appreciate what you do. This update looks packed with good stuff!

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to set a maximum time that a guest can use the Dashboardlink and that you can generate new ones with new link and QR every time.. (but same dashboard) In my case I want to be able to send a "onetimeuse " dashboard with a tile with access to my Gates .@bcopeland #wishlist

We will put this on a list for future consideration. Thanks for the suggestion.

3 Likes

FYI, Release 2.2.4.141 brought back the legacy Dashboard Link tiles, along with a few other fixes for issues reported since 2.2.4 was released.

2 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

Yes oh yes oh yes oh yes!! Thanks very much for this fix, HE team. :smiley:

• Dashboard: Restored legacy Dashboard Links tile.
1 Like

Oops...

@bobbyD, @bcopeland

After .141 FW update, Z-Wave Details page is a mess...however, Z-Wave devices are working, appears to be cosmetic. Off to reboot...

After a reboot I got two 500 errors trying to load the Z-Wave Details page. Third page reload was the charm, but Z-Wave Details page is still borked. Every device except on my Z-Wave Details page except two of them look like this:

@danabw please PM me your hub id.. I would like to see what happened here

1 Like

My ZWave page started out that way but resolved itself in about 15 minutes or so...

Hmm, I got the 500 error after installing .141 which was fixed via a hard page-refresh.

Then I got the same issue:

I was able to fix this by performing a Shutdown and then power off. however, I am now having to repair a handful of z-wave devices that are showing not responding (this has fixed them).

Mine updated at some point recently, not sure when. I reloaded the page few moments ago and it filled in.

@bcopeland has said he found the problem causing this issue in my logs and is investigating a solution.

Likewise, but I do see some data now. It took 5 minutes before the 500 errors stopped though. Going to leave it overnight and see how things go.

1 Like

Incidentally my zwave mesh has gone totally haywire, even after a repair. Several chains go from A-B-C-D-E, where A and E are about 5metres apart, and some of the middle nodes are the opposite end of the house. Not sure if this is related to the fact that everything seems to be going via my S2 device (I only have one), even if it means the signal goes all around the house first...
(I have about 10 zwave devices if that matters)

Give it some time, if they are Z-Wave Plus devices they should settle down and re-route if they have bad connections. If you have non-plus Z-Wave devices, doing a Z-Wave repair on the individual devices should help, but you may have to wait a while for the improvements to appear.

2 Likes

I think people obsess over the routes WAY too much. If it is working - then don't obsess. If it isn't working, it doesn't really matter what the route info says, does it? You have a different problem in that case.

Don't get me wrong, the route info can be handy in some situations, if you know how to interpret what you are looking at.

12 Likes

Thats fair, I think I was using the strange route as a reason for various things running slowly - and whether it was a bug (rather than agonising over whether it was a logical route).

But perhaps it is just a case of waiting for everything to settle after the update before casting any judgement on anything.

The problem, though, is that you have no direct control over the routes. The hub can decide the route it takes to get to the device (which would also help with acks back to the hub), but in the end unless the hub is manually setting application preferred routes on the end devices (only @bcopeland would know, but I would guess it is not), then the device is always going to pick its route from device to hub as it sees fit.

That said, it you want to you can do a repair a few times on the end device and see if anything improves. Or do a full mesh repair, which does have some smarts in terms of the order it repairs, and see if things change.

Past that, the only way to know/prove routing is making your traffic slow is to sniff it at the packet level with an external sniffer. Otherwise you are just guessing on what the problem is.

Cool, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I was just checking it wasnt something in the firmware forcing routes via S2 nodes or something random. (especially since it was totally logical before I updated the firmware)

For what its worth, the device with the highest RTT is the device right next to the hub, that has its signal going to the other side of the house and back.

EDIT an hour later and the route has corrected itself. Nothing to see here!

Don't think so. Almost nothing routes through my S2 devices, and I have a bunch of them.

1 Like