2.2.4 Dashboard Links No Longer Work

Also getting the error on 2.2.4.141 and unclear as to what's the right approach is here:

• roll back to previous build. Would only make sense if a fix is eventually coming. Is it the case?
  • transform to regular links. Does it mean we can't have dashboards that work both locally and remotely?
  • other?

It does seem a backwards step, either need 2 dashboards or 2 links next to each other, one for local and one for :cloud:

1 Like

One thing that might cause people problems is that the links to the dashboard from the Dashboards section of the web interface:

actually takes you to the new link where the old Dashboard Links don't work. You have to access the legacy link from the Apps > child dashboard app link, choosing the "Legacy Local LAN Link to Dashboard" link instead.

So in other words, until you go through all your dashboard links and fix them, the "Dashboards" section of the web interface doesn't work. That might be the problem some of you are facing.

Im even more confused than before
updated to 2.2.4.141
get "Dashboard Link Tile only work with Legacy Dashboards links"
i see there is now 2.2.4.143 (no idea if any tweaks to this dashboard links stuff)
installing...

Hi there, sorry for the confusion. "Phase 2" of bringing back the legacy dashboard links, as mentioned the other day in this thread, is in development and will be released very soon. This will enable the same functionality as before, and you would still have the option to use the more secure links, if you so wish to protect individual dashboards.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.

11 Likes

Hey @bobbyD - just to clarify...

Phase 2 will make it where our dashboard links (in dashboards) will again work for both local and remote connections without having to change every dashboard in some way, right?

That is correct.

UPDATE:
The dashboard link tiles work again, as before. Please update to version 2.2.4.145.

9 Likes

Dashboard link tiles are working for me in the iPhone app.

1 Like

I still get the error when I add dashboard tiles to navigate from a main dashboard to room dashboards. Do we have to use legacy links to make this work? I am using fully kiosk on my tablet. Why wouldn't the tiles work with the new dashboard links?

Same situation, is there any solution to this, I am using full kiosk and I have some links to different dashboards and all of them say the legacy stuff

Dashboard links are working fine for me. I'm currently on the beta 2.2.7 build but it's been working for a while now since they brought back the regular dashboard links.

If you click on the tile and aren't using the legacy dashboards you get the error that you need to use the legacy links. This is inside of fully kiosk.

Also,

Have you guys seen this:

This is also still an issue. Clicking on the dashboard logo lets you go to the dashboard menu no matter if the option is enabled or not.

Ok... I see whats going one here. The Dashboard direct links use that option and prevent clicking on the logo from going back to the dashboard menu. However, the dashboard link tiles throw the error that they can only be used on the legacy dashboard links. Why? This seems like a huge oversight or something. Why would you not be able to use the link tiles? This seems like the standard way to navigate from one dashboard to another and lock the user into what you want them to see. This makes no sense at all.

If you use the legacy dashboard links the tiles work as expected but no matter if the allow clicking on the logo option is enabled or disabled it allows the user back to the dashboard menu.

Why not just fix the "new" direct links to work correctly with all tiles? Why on earth would you want to prevent people from being able to navigate to dashboards with the tile?

1 Like

Dashboard tiles seem to be broken again on 2.3.0.119.
I created a new dashboard and I get this error even when linking to itself:
"Dashboard Link Tile only work with Legacy Dashboards links"

Works for me on 2.3.0.119 using the "Dashboard Link" template, then selecting a Dashboard.

Same here. What an utter mess.

It actually started working for me on the same version, but I couldn't guess what I changed (if anything) to make it work again.

This doesn't work for me either. Wish there was a better way to do dashboards within HE