2.2.4 Dashboard Links No Longer Work

i dont like that i cant navigate between dashboards anymore...
i dont see how the HARD coded links will work over time
and it has access tokens encoded in the url... that doesnt make sense

2 Likes

OK, so I go to each dashboard link settings and change the type from "dashboard link" to "link", add the URL and name and it works. But....
The tile still says "dashboards" at the bottom. If I create a new link tile it has nothing at the bottom. What's going on?
It's bad enough editing every link tile, but that seems to be not enough, I have to delete the dashboard link and create a new link tile?

1 Like

I have a tablet on my wall near my back door. It displays various dashboards by using dashboard links. I counted all the "Dashboard Link" tiles on the various dashboards for my tablet and there was 20 of them. After 2.2.4, none of them worked. It took about 20 minutes to change them all to "Link" tile, where I just put in the local link to the dashboard. Don't know if there was a quicker or faster way. Is this just how it is now?

how do I put a tile on a dashboard that links to another dashboard?

I think you should be able to put a "relative" link in, which will work for both local and cloud.

ex. ../../41/dashboard/41?access_token=uuid

I agree though, it's frustrating being forced to update all of my dashboard links. Haven't yet played with the per-user dashboards feature, but I don't see how hardcoding links with tokens embedded is any better, security-wise, than the previous dashboard link tile?

1 Like

FYI

4 Likes

Uh, wait a second (I started to read the page code, but it's late and I'm tired, so I didn't). First glance looks like it is the token doing what I think it is, but I'd rather ask.

So with the new 'link' method using the "Local LAN Link", I couldn't get to my dashboards from my mobile phone when I was off my local network. Ok, fine, I went back in and started to make all the links "cloud links". But... Is the token creation somehow referencing the localization link (the 192.168.1.x) without a call to the cloud (cloud.hubitat.com/api/xxxxx)?

Basically, I'm reading this new 'link' method to say that if I want to be able to get to my dashboards from my mobile when I'm away from the house, then I need to use the Cloud Link, OK fine. But I want to be sure that when I am on Local LAN (PC or Mobile on WiFi) that I'm still 100% local and not cloud reliant (my internet sucks, I live on a ranch waaaaayyyyy out in the sticks).

@bobbyD, are you saying that if we already started to switch our Dashboard Links over to the new 'Links' the tile won't be available to us? It's the comma in the middle of the sentence that has me wondering... "Engineers are working on making the tile available again, for existing dashboard links."

If you didn't remove the dashboard link, it will continue to work as expected. However, if you removed the tile already, you will have the option to create a new dashboard link tile or stick with the new link tile method.

1 Like

Do we have a eta on fixing it back, just so I know how much grief I'm going to get if I don't change dashboard links to links now. I don't want to create a home and way dashboard for all my dashboards

It will be fixed in an upcoming hot fix. That may not be the first one released. The fix should be soon, but no specific eta at this point.

3 Likes

Not sure what this means. I have not removed any of my dashboard tiles - and none of them work.

1 Like

Think they're saying the functionality will work again after the fix patch is applied if you leave it alone for now...

1 Like

Hmm I didn't feel like updating all my dashboard links to work with the new system (I have to re-create custom CSS and update all the links). So I restored the Hub Database to what it was before the upgrade and restored the previous Platform Version.

Now the links to my dashboards from http://[hub-ip]/dashboards don't work. Clicking them just results in:
undefinedinvalid_token

The links from the Hubitat Dashboard app "Dashboard Menu and Links" page work fine, or the "Local LAN Link to Dashboard" link from the Dashboard child app works. It's just the Dashboards section that fails.

Any ideas for fixing this?

FYI, Release 2.2.4.141 brought back the legacy Dashboard Link tiles, along with a few other fixes for issues reported since 2.2.4 was released.

1 Like

YES! Works!

1 Like

I'm on 2.2.4.141 and it still doesn't work for me. I probably have less than 20 links total to update so it wouldn't be onerous for me. But if I have to have two separate dashboards, one for local and one for cloud that will not be fun!

1 Like

Same here, held off on the update until this was fixed but still doesn't work.

Cheers
Steve

It's not working for me, either. I haven't made any changes to my dashboards since before upgrading to 2.2.4. This is what I'm seeing.

1 Like

Please revert the capabilities to use dashboard links. This is frustrating .

4 Likes