[2.2.4] Automations using Ecolink (and other battery powered) sensors delayed or unresponsive

I heard the lawn guy hit one about a month ago filled with change and saw the debris after. We didn't hide eggs this year...

1 Like

Beauty behind Hubitat.. You can stay on 2.2.3 forever..

I for one am enjoying the fastest z-wave speeds I have ever had on my hubs.. 2.2.4.158 has been rock solid for me and fast.

2 Likes

Don't let velvetfoot hear you say that.

2 Likes

i would like to eventually upgrade or i am not going to get new features like the hub backup restore. etc.. hopefully eventually this can be ironed out.. or at least figured out what is going on..
i have too many ecolink sensors between two houses to change.. probably 15 door sensors 10-15 motion and 10 water sensors.

How's the analysis going?

Eagerly awaiting an update, as well!

2.2.4.158 is also ultra solid for me, with the notable exception of it rendering all of my Ecolink contact sensors unusable :frowning:

Reverting to 2.2.3 restores the snappiness, but the benefits of 2.2.4 presently outweighs the negatives - for me. It just means I've had to pause my contact-based rules and have some gear collecting dust :confused: Would love to get things back to 100%

2 Likes

so now that is at least 4 people with the same issue..

Because all its successors are broken?
edit: I see no urgency.

Things working great again this morning on 2.2.3... what information do we need to share in order to get this looked at further?

To be clear, I too believed zwave was most stable on 2.2.4 so far... this still does not explain what we're seeing with this issue.

New personal best: :infinity:
Opened the basement door and lights just never turned on.

When you know the delays are happening with your automations, can you see changes in other zwave devices? Example: if you open and close another door with a contact sensor, do you see the open and close states update in real time? My non-technical theory is the C7 is still seeing / receiving zwave traffic but isn't able to send when the delays are occurring.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive

I'm not convinced it's isolated to ecolink contacts, but I understand your point.

Not going to lie: getting the feeling no one wants to understand this any better.

How about you just sweep it under the g damn rug?

Really?.. I ordered and am testing ecolink contact sensors to try and isolate the issue.

3 Likes

100% appreciate that, don't get me wrong.

But at least I have mentioned seeing this strangeness on non-ecolinks as well. Many have proven the move back to 2.2.3 corrects the issue. Just seems like there's something more to this than just the ecolinks. If we're not providing the correct data, please correct us.

Any particular reason you are responding this way? Everyone is trying to be cooperative and @bcopeland has ordered sensors to test. This seems unnecessary. Please try to remain civil. No one said they were going to mute you, but the thread had run its course and the discussion didn't fit with the title that relates to a snapshot in time that is now past and no longer valid.

1 Like

You know, I've been having problems with my garage doors, and it just occurred to me, their tilt sensors are Ecolinks as well!

It’s possible.. But for sure limited to a few devices.. Of which we will test and try to find the cause..

1 Like